Walter Lindrum, a Billards genius at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this wonderful piece billiard history. Nice to see it comes from Joe Minici who I know was a pleasant and hugely accomplished player in the league in which my son Richard played in during his work placement in Oz 2007 -2010. If you meet Joe please pass on my regards to him. F
    Is there any chance you may know where I could get hold of a hard copy of the poem to add to my collection. If so could you drop me an e.mail from my site wwwfranksandellcuesport.co.uk . Thanks again. F.
    Hi Frank... Yes Joe is a lovely guy, had the pleasure of both playing him in Billiards as well as refereeing him in the 1998 World Title and many OZ events.
    I cannot make any promises but Ill see if I can find where to get it in hard copy. You sound like myself, memorabilia collector.. I have many books, posters and even Walters resting place I took in 1998 before the World Title (which I gave a copy to each referee and player).

May take a fair while but Ill see what I can do.
    Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

Originally Posted by Wazza180 View Post
      My dad used to pick out balls for "Wally" at his Billiard room for a few shillings a week as well as fee access to tables.

At the ages of 5 I didnt know who the person was all the lodge people talked about in our Billiard Room, wasnt until the 70's I started looking into him as well as all the other players of his time.. Walter was a freak and I did read he played Snooker but got boared with the game due to in his works "silly game, pot all the balls and then start again, I would rather spend 4-5 hours on the table pushing 3 balls around".

My good friend and former Australian Billiards Champion posted this on YouTube.. its a poem that has been floating around for as long as I can remember.. enjoy
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT1NZneKCP0
      Thanks for the link

He makes it look so easy . . .
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
      X