X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-cushions on Eurosport and Semih Sayginer in action

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/200...letely_12.html

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Over the next four days, Cliver Everton and myself will be commentating for Eurosport 2 on the Agipi Masters of 3 cushion billiards.

What is that, you may ask?

Well, the answer is one of the most skillful of all cue sports.

Carom billiards is played on a pocketless table, therefore there is no potting.

There are three balls - a cueball and two object balls. A player scores a point by making contact with the first object ball, taking it round at least three cushions and then cannoning the second object ball.

(You can come off three cushions and play a cannon from one object ball to the other as well).

This is a very tough game to master and Eurosport 2 will be covering all four quarter-finals, the semis and final live.

The coverage starts today at 5pm. Times of coverage vary over the four days depending on which country you are in.

For more details, visit the http://www.agipibilliardmasters.com/en/.

If you've never seen it, tune in and I suspect you will be impressed by the skill on show.
    And Semih Sayginer will be in action on Friday ... 8)
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Ta very much for that. It'll be great. If you haven't seen it before, watch and be amazed!
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

is that the kind of billard where the ref explains the shot in advance? think i saw something like this before on ES
      ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Cheers for that Monique, will try and catch some of this.

Comment

It's a very skillful game but i don't like watching it at all. If it was some american pool tournament i'd be much happier.

Comment

Thanks Mon!Nothing showing live on the http://www.agipibilliardmasters.com/en/

site, at least for me... but I'll keep checking.

A guy at our club who has played 3-cushion in Europe was showing us some shot techniques last week... Incredibly difficult... plus he mentioned that because of the cloths and heating used, comparing this to snooker tables was like the difference between ice skating and roller skates.

=o)

Noel

Comment

On NOW! Incredible cue ball control!

http://www.agipibilliardmasters.com/en/

=o)

Noel

Comment

is that THE semih from tsf?
                2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
                  is that the kind of billard where the ref explains the shot in advance? think i saw something like this before on ES
                  You might be confusing it with Artistic billiard.
                  Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
                  2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by crucible77 View Post
                    is that THE semih from tsf?
                    no, it is not THE Semih from TSF
                    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Billiards is not really my kind of game but i appreciate the skill none the less. May give it a look.
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

No, that is artistic billiards. It's trickshots but that word brings Dennis Taylor and a rowdy snooker pub to mind, which is something totally different. Actually artistic billiards is probably by far the oldest cue sport disciplin that is still played competetively at a really high level (world championships etc.)

Comment

It's been live all afternoon and evening on Eurosport 2.

It's good stuff, quarterfinal with multiple world champions Dick Jaspers and Eddy Merckx.

Though I very much dislike the way Hendon and Everton talks as if carom was this new little curiousity. It might be to the British people but it certainly is not to the rest of the world. Their vioces are heard in some 30-50 countries, most of which carom is by no means a new thing. Perhaps Eurosport should consider bringing in someone who actually knows anything about the sport??

Comment

No, that´s artistique, the trick shot version of carom.
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
                              It's been live all afternoon and evening on Eurosport 2.

It's good stuff, quarterfinal with multiple world champions Dick Jaspers and Eddy Merckx.

Though I very much dislike the way Hendon and Everton talks as if carom was this new little curiousity. It might be to the British people but it certainly is not to the rest of the world. Their vioces are heard in some 30-50 countries, most of which carom is by no means a new thing. Perhaps Eurosport should consider bringing in someone who actually knows anything about the sport??
                              Yes it´s really incredible with two persons with little knowledge of the sport.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X