Enquiry on Mike Wooldridge cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enquiry on Mike Wooldridge cue

I would like to buy a new cue. However, there is no stock for me to try the MW. Therefore I want to ask some questions about MW:

1. What is the difference between Legend and Shark?
    2. For the Shark cue, there are ash and deluxe ash, what is the difference between these?
    3. For the Shark cue, is it good in comparing with new Will Hunt(green plate) and JP(Stock cue)?

Have you even read Mike's excellent website ???
    http://www.handmadecues.com/index.htm

The shark is his budget cue if you like, a cross between a machine spliced cue and a handmade cue, so its not fair to compare them to other cues really, altho i guess Mike would still say they are better lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Rocket1982 View Post
      I would like to buy a new cue. However, there is no stock for me to try the MW. Therefore I want to ask some questions about MW:

1. What is the difference between Legend and Shark?
      2. For the Shark cue, there are ash and deluxe ash, what is the difference between these?
      3. For the Shark cue, is it good in comparing with new Will Hunt(green plate) and JP(Stock cue)?
      Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Have you even read Mike's excellent website ???
      http://www.handmadecues.com/index.htm
      for 1 + 2:

what he said...

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      The shark is his budget cue if you like, a cross between a machine spliced cue and a handmade cue, so its not fair to compare them to other cues really, altho i guess Mike would still say they are better lol
      it's not a cross. it's handmade. just made differently. again, this is explained on website.

from what i've seen recently, of ALL cue brands i've seen (including premium 'custom' cues) they are better. by some way...

standard ash shaft is superior to most higher priced other brand custom cues.

deluxe shaft option is far superior to any pics i've seen posted on tsf recently.

bottom line:

if you don't like the look of butterfly splice, buy 4pt hand spliced.

if you don't mind splice style, go shark. superb quality playing cue.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

If you were requested to fit a spiroloc joint to the end of a deluxe shark, Mike, would you do it? Also worth noting when you are posed the question your in a great mood.

Or does that go against everything you stand for?
        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
          from what i've seen recently, of ALL cue brands i've seen (including premium 'custom' cues) they are better. by some way...
          Mike, your modesty knows no bounds!

Still, as a wise man once said - "There is no point being modest when everyone knows how good you are!"
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
            If you were requested to fit a spiroloc joint to the end of a deluxe shark, Mike, would you do it? Also worth noting when you are posed the question your in a great mood.

Or does that go against everything you stand for?
            lol. not quite everything i stand for but i believe strongly in my products and i think my joint is superior.

so the answer is no.

anyway, when you see my new extensions you'll wanna change anyway, so no point putting a third party joint in.
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
              Mike, your modesty knows no bounds!

Still, as a wise man once said - "There is no point being modest when everyone knows how good you are!"
              tbh, i'm just stating a fact and answering the op's questions honestly. albeit, brutally...
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Mike I have a question. Every time I go on your website the black sharks are sold out and the sin bin is always empty. I can't afford to spend more than £250 to get a cue and extensions and a case so the shark is at the top of my budget. How long until you either finish a new batch or heaven forbid mess one up and put it in the sin bin? :-)

Comment

actually, i have a load of cues to go in the 'bin'.

they look a bit like the other cues i see on here, so nothing wrong with them really

i've been having lots of engineering issues with latest joint and extensions, and lost an awful lot of time, but am very close to being finished.

once i've done that, i'll be cracking on with stuff i've had lying around waiting to be done, and there'll be more selection in shop.

did you email me about this?
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Not yet, just browsing the forum and thought I'd ask as you were watching the thread. Will mail you now.

Comment

If you like an all ebony butt (and I purposefully didn't use the words "plain ebony butt", as the cue is downright beautiful) then Mike's Black Shark is the way to go.

It may be a budget cue in terms of currency at the time of purchase but it doesn't look like a budget cue and it certainly doesn't play like a budget cue.

I am proud of mine and glad to have it.

Cliff

Comment

Originally Posted by cmccool View Post
                        If you like an all ebony butt (and I purposefully didn't use the words "plain ebony butt", as the cue is downright beautiful) then Mike's Black Shark is the way to go.

It may be a budget cue in terms of currency at the time of purchase but it doesn't look like a budget cue and it certainly doesn't play like a budget cue.

I am proud of mine and glad to have it.

Cliff
                        At last! A man who speaks sense on tsf!

Cheers Cliff
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Has anybody ever actually met or seen Mike in the flesh or is he a ficticous character made up by somebody to help shift a load of cues?

One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

I think Jason Owen has, but he could be another phantom of someones imagination to sell slightly lower budget top class cues. Oooohhhhhhhhh, this could be a case of multiple personality disorder........
                            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Mike is kind, patient and caring, he just doesnt want you to know that !
                              http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X