Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    erm...what???
    its a clever marketing tactic that has been used by chinese businessmen for a long time to make the locals think they are buying a foreign product and hence pay a premium. they come up with a foreign brand name e.g. "pierre giordan, paris", put up a picture of "pierre giordan" (some western model) to make it look legitimate and then do a marketing campaign around that.

since the introduction of the internet as a marketing channel, this has obviously become even easier.

i hope someone can step forward and vouch that they've met you in the flesh and that you actually exist

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
      its a clever marketing tactic that has been used by chinese businessmen for a long time to make the locals think they are buying a foreign product and hence pay a premium. they come up with a foreign brand name e.g. "pierre giordan, paris", put up a picture of "pierre giordan" (some western model) to make it look legitimate and then do a marketing campaign around that.

since the introduction of the internet as a marketing channel, this has obviously become even easier.

i hope someone can step forward and vouch that they've met you in the flesh and that you actually exist
      he speaks pretty good English for a chap that lives in a hut in china!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post

i am well aware of that particular practise.

however, this lucky fella has met me:

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
        Mike is kind, patient and caring, he just doesnt want you to know that !
        he (mistakenly) described me as a cross between gordon ramsay and steptoe.

i'm not sure where the steptoe bit came from. maybe cos i was dressed for dirty work when i delivered his lathe.

but it really should have been someone like brad pitt on account of my devilishly good looks...

anyway, i exist.

end of. :snooker:
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

i am well aware of that particular practise.

however, this lucky fella has met me:

he (mistakenly) described me as a cross between gordon ramsay and steptoe.

i'm not sure where the steptoe bit came from. maybe cos i was dressed for dirty work when i delivered his lathe.

but it really should have been someone like brad pitt on account of my devilishly good looks...

anyway, i exist.

end of. :snooker:
          i agree. even your avatar looks like brad pitt

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            he speaks pretty good English for a chap that lives in a hut in china!
            ^^^^^lol^^^^^
            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

if i missed your email. send again.

if you sent a pm, i rarely look. and don't plan to when i have a perfectly acceptable email system to deal with enquiries.
              Mike will you be taking custom orders again soon

Comment

Working...
              X