No announcement yet.

Cue & tip choice dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a couple of his,ime on about the early 1900 with the last 2ft of cue been parallel nearly bend in two lol,by the way ninefooter ive got about 4 cues round about them specs if you want to take to 1 of the working mens nearby to try

Comment

Hi all,

Made it through to Martin Chesworths and after 2 hours of trying out cues with frindly advise my wife parted with her cash on a Pheonix 2 piece Master Cue, 58 3/4" long, 9.65mm tip, 18.7%, which felt very nice to handle. She also forked out for a 6" mini butt and a Peradon Halo case to house it all in. Aren't I a lucky boy? Mind you I then had to treat her to something special, (and even more expensive). The other prob is that I,m not allowed to use my new cue until Xmas day! Martin Chesworth offers to swap it for another one until I find the one that really works for me. Can't complain about that can you?

Well Xmas day is here and I've had 2 practice sessions with pleasing results. I was more consistent and acheived shots that I'd not managed before. The extra length enabled me to get down a lot more without my hand being right at the very end of the cue. I therefore was able to sight up more accurately, felt more comfortable and more in control of things. A very enjoyable Xmas day. Thanks for all the advice, particularly about trying out before buying. Merry Xmas to everyone and hope to have an improved handicap in the new year, with progess also in the open tornament we run.
      Last edited by ninefooter; 25 December 2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Don't forget to get Martin Goodwill's book English Billiards for Snooker Players for your next present.
        Great for learning the game.

Roy Bacon

Comment

Great advice as usual from Roykay. Get the book, use it in partnership with the finest coaching website ever produced for our great game www. English billiards.org and also check out world-billiards.com site. Nice forum is English Billiards Forum http://e-bos.proboards.com/ Enjoy your new cue. F.

Comment

Hi Guys,

My wife has now ordered me a copy of Martin Goodwills Book for my birthday next week, (hope it arrives in time). Everyone seems to be temporarily out of stock so had to search around and finally came up trumps with "The Snooker Scene". Am enjoying my new cue but would like to point out that with it having an harder tip,(Phoenix),to what I've been accustomed to,(Blue Diamond), that I sometimes get more spin on the cue ball to what I would normally get on certain shots, so am having to adjust to get used to it. What is the reason for having different grades of tip? Is it a preferential thing again, just like having to find a cue that feels right for you?

Comment

You need to check the specifications of the billiards cue.The dimensions of the pool,snooker and carrom cues varies differently.
              The pool cue weighs around 17-21ounce in which 19ounce is the most common.Its length is 58inches(150cm) and the tip diameter is between 12.75-13.25mm.
              The range for snooker cue is different.It weighs around 18ounce and is 55inches(140cm) long.The tip diameter is 8.5-10.5mm.
              Carom billiards cues tend to be shorter and lighter than pool cues.Typical dimensions are 54-56inches long and it weighs between 16.5-18.5ounce.The tip diameter is between 11-12mm.
              These are the exact specifications of the billiard cues.So make sure you go for specifications before buying it.
              pool cue| pool cue cases| billiard balls

Comment

Working...
              X