No announcement yet.

Mike Russell videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hurlimans lager is otherwise called hooligans and stella artois lager is otherwise called wifebeater, due to the effects it has on those who consume it and cannot handle the strength of it and who should really only drink fosters shandy

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
      hurlimans lager is otherwise called hooligans and stella artois lager is otherwise called wifebeater, due to the effects it has on those who consume it and cannot handle the strength of it and who should really only drink fosters shandy
      Ha ha ha, never heard of Hurliman's tho

Comment

he didn't play in the recent world championships as he was given a two year ban for drunken abuse and assaulting a competitor at an event in Egypt in the summer, he didn't play in the worlds the year before as he was given a one year ban for drunken abuse and assaulting a female official as he arrived at the venue, the year before that he was banned for being drunk and abusing officials at the event and threatening to insert someone's cue where it shouldn't go and posting offensive facebook stuff about people or something, it's all reported on world billiards sadly

arguably the greatest player of the modern game, but not where there's drink available

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...y-of-billiards

wonder if the next ban will be three or four years, he was going to coach in Malaysia this year if any forumites live there and fancy a go, so to speak
        I talked to mike the other night on FB private messaging as I built his website while he was still living in the UK. He is now settled in KL

he was telling me life is good there and there are something like 30 Snooker Clubs there (majority want to be coached Snooker), he is ok with coaching anything they want he said to me, he even went to Taihland to pick up 2 new cues (He has won 9 World titles with 9 different cues out of all his world titles he was telling me).. dont be suprised if you see him in the final of the next one.. he only practices for an hour now to keep his muscle memory the same but he is such a freak he will get into the next final.. weather he wins or not is up to him.
        Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

I had one of his cues , a lp 3/4 ash with his name on it , really nice cue .

Comment

Originally Posted by Wazza180 View Post
            I talked to mike the other night on FB private messaging as I built his website while he was still living in the UK. He is now settled in KL

he was telling me life is good there and there are something like 30 Snooker Clubs there (majority want to be coached Snooker), he is ok with coaching anything they want he said to me, he even went to Taihland to pick up 2 new cues (He has won 9 World titles with 9 different cues out of all his world titles he was telling me).. dont be suprised if you see him in the final of the next one.. he only practices for an hour now to keep his muscle memory the same but he is such a freak he will get into the next final.. weather he wins or not is up to him.

Excuse my ignorance but where is KL?
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

guess it's Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Comment

Well if he is spaced out a lot could be KLingon

Comment

2010 Mike Russell V Peter Gilchrist. Video of his break of 1137 with commentary
                  In collaboration with Mike Russell I can offer it at £10 plus P % P

Plus with permission from WBL the following.
                  These I can offer at £8 matches less than 2 hours and £12 for all longer matches.
                  All plus P % P
                  Contact me here by PM or via the WBL web site contact us page.
                  http://www.world-billiards.com/

2012 WC quarter Dave Causier V Matt Bolton 3 hours

2012 WC semi Mike Russell (740 break) V Matt Bolton 4 hours

2012 WC semi Pankaj Advani V Druve Sitwals 147 minutes

2013 WC group match Phil Mumford (212 break) V Balachandra Bhaskar 94 minutes

2013 WC group match Sourav Kothari (252) V Siddharth Parikh 102 minutes

2013 WC group match Peter Gilchrist (140) V Ian Williamson 65 minutes

2013 WC quarter Peter Gilchrist 1000 V Rupesh Shah 853 (202) 125 minutes

2013 WC semi Dave Causier 1250 V Ashok Shandilya 710 190 minutes

2013 WC final Peter Gilchrist 1500 V Dave Causier 1085 290 minutes

2014 English Open Final
                  Cambridge Dave Causier 1143 (498, 371) V Rob Hall 173 (157) 90 minutes

2014 WC quarter Dave Causier 1146 V Dhruv Sitwala 616 90 minutes

2014 WC last 16 Peter Gilchrist 761 V Sourav Kothari 701 (257) 91 minutes

2014 WC semi Rob Hall 978 V Balachandra Bhaskar 824 (211)

2014 WC final Pankaj Advani 1928 (289) V Rob Hall 893 200 minutes (this match was 5 hours, power problems caused me to miss the first 100 minutes therefore the recording is of the last 3 hr 20 minutes.

2014 Scottish Open quarter Peter Gilchrist 482 V Rob Hall 448 90 minutes.

2014 Scottish Open final Peter Gilchrist 737 (158, 193, 105) V Phil Mumford 332 (130)

2013 Shandilya (111,106) V Shelly

2013 Mumford 300 (212) V Bhaskar 400

2013 semi D Causier 1250 (112 187 229 120 V Shandilya 710 (149 100)

2014 W/C Peter Gilchrist 977 (102, 304, 114) Phil Davis 196

Comment

you'll need to find old videos as for the past few years he's most likely to be found fighting in the bar, when he's not suspended
                    Yep. Confirm same

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      I had one of his cues , a lp 3/4 ash with his name on it , really nice cue .
                      A snooker practise partner I play once a week at Ashby Leicestershire plays with a maple cue made for Mike Russell by Tony Glover. He has never beat me even with a star quality cue. My visits to WC billiards Leeds; Mike Russell never played with an ash cue. His maple cues have a thick taper.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sir Ivanhoe View Post
                        A snooker practise partner I play once a week at Ashby Leicestershire plays with a maple cue made for Mike Russell by Tony Glover. He has never beat me even with a star quality cue. My visits to WC billiards Leeds; Mike Russell never played with an ash cue. His maple cues have a thick taper.
                        Mike is now.. he is using 2 Omin Ash shaft cues and is based in KL
                        Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

Originally Posted by Redphex View Post
                          guess it's Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
                          Ok thanks
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Yes my apologies guys (just that I am over in Asia each year I abb most places)

Yes Mike is now based in Kuala Lumpur with his wife. He still has his Burwat cue but has now opted for 2 O'min Ash cues (copied from the Burwat I beleive, just full black Ebony butt.. no vaneers). Regardless of what has happened, he is still the king of billiards.. he is a freak.. I wouldnt be suprised that when the ban is lifted he will be straight back into a tournament and be in the final of the WC..

If anyone wants to see a picture of his new cues I can post them but to be honest they just look like your normal traditonal cue.. just the bloke holding it makes it great
                            Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

Want to see Mike Russell in Olympics?

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...bid-from-world

Comment

Mike Russell plays English billiards. The "cue sports" referred to in the petition are snooker, pool and carom. English billiards is not included.

Comment

Working...
                                X