X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Bolton 526 break in the Australian National Billiards timed final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNFjG8z0ITk

Enjoy!
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmPwhj8Mvko

He also scored a 464 break in the final

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Impressive. Quite a big margin of victory
      Is there anyone else in Australia at the moment who can run him close or is he head and shoulders above the rest?

Comment

No one even close to him mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
          No one even close to him mate.
          Isn't Danik Lucas an Australian as well? He's pretty good at top table as well from the videos I've seen of him.

Comment

it always gets me just how many consecutive strokes are required to get these big breaks in billiards

thanks for the link
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Must be impressive when you're a billiard player but I find it absolutely boring as hell.....:/
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                Must be impressive when you're a billiard player but I find it absolutely boring as hell.....:/
                Maybe learn to play billiards. It does help your snooker. Not an easy game but once you start to get better it really grows on you.

Comment

Thanks for that Mythman, loved it, great white control. It's hard enough making a thirty break at billiards lol.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I always enjoy watching his matches. He's an excellent snooker player too.

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                      I hear you
                      Its a common trend these days. Snooker players tend not to care too much for billiards. Pity really, it teaches you patience and discipline. Takes quite something for you as the opponent to sit in that chair while your opponent makes a 100+ odd break and then come to the table and made a sizeable contribution of your own.

Comment

Originally Posted by cpserrao View Post
                        I hear you
                        Its a common trend these days. Snooker players tend not to care too much for billiards. Pity really, it teaches you patience and discipline. Takes quite something for you as the opponent to sit in that chair while your opponent makes a 100+ odd break and then come to the table and made a sizeable contribution of your own.
                        Or not make a sizable contribution of your own.

Comment

Matt's a great player... as someone else mentioned Danik Lucas is a great player too, not sure how much he plays anymore though or whether he chooses to enter those tournaments.

Comment

I watched the video again and noticed he is not averse to playing the post mans knock on top table when the opportunity presents itself. Most of the other top English billiards players seem to prefer to switch back to the floating white even if in ideal position for post man knock. I take it he has been coached in his younger days by Robby Foldvari?

Comment

No, pretty sure Matt never had coaching from R.F. Bob Marshall had input for sure.
                              And it looks like Matt will be almost untouchable like Bob was. Another Kalgoorlie legend - Bob not Matt. .

Comment

Working...
                              X