Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Billiards

Is there a table near you?

I usually play every other saturday, in the pub before the football.

We always get away fans/others coming up to us and asking about it, Because of its strange appearance, and the fact that they are so scarse.

In my opinion, it is perfect for a pub, because it is quite a small table, and as you only play from one end, it would be alright to shove in an alcove or corner somewhere.

Yes we used to enjoy the odd game; there used to be two pubs nearby which had a bar billiards table and we also happed upon one 30 miles down the road in Weymouth.

However, I've no idea where the nearest one is now! Where are you?

Comment

Im in Stoke on Trent, in Staffordshire.

Was nearly down your way for the football last saturday, but poor results made me think "meh, why bother,"....

...We won

Comment

Brilliant game, well it is if you play or watch it played at a high level. I know of a couple of pubs rund here that have tables but nobody ever bothers with even reading the rules and they just fart about with it.
        More seriously played down south I believe with leagues and such though i once dropped in on a pub round derby way where the locals were bloody marvelous at it and had a cabinet full of their trophies to prove it.
        Ideal for even the smallest of rooms just a pity the tables cost a fortune, far more than a pool table.

Comment

Hi guys,

Does the term "bar billiards" translate to bagatelle ?

During a snooker league game a few seasons ago, I visited an away venue which had this table in it.

It was about the size of a pool table, with a semi-circlular end.
          9 holes guarded by pins.

Aim was to billiard the balls into the holes past but without knocking over the pins.

ID

Comment

No idea about bagatelle, sorry.

I have heard of it, I think my friend played it when he was younger and got his hand stuck down a pocket/hole.
            I played some in WSC 2005. Am I right in thinking if you knock the black pin over, you lose all your points? Crazy.

I'd like to play it, but there don't seem to be any tables around this way.
            Perhaps I'll find one one day.

Comment

I used to play a bit of the old bar billiards in The Worlds End in Ecton in Northamptonshire. Good fun but haven't played it for years.
              "And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us"

Comment

Originally Posted by lagermike
                I used to play a bit of the old bar billiards in The Worlds End in Ecton in Northamptonshire. Good fun but haven't played it for years.
                one of these sold in my local auction while i was away for a quid yes thats right £1.00 you would think since the auctioneer knows me he might have guessed i would be interested and held it back a week!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

A proper one for a quid!!!!! Jeeze thast auctioneer must have had a right hangover that day.

I'd love one, not got the space for a full size pool table unless I knock a bedroom wall down and somehow doing that I dont think Alex would apprecieate the view of his old man sitting on the crapper.

Comment

There is a table in the club I play in at the moment but it looks like a stiff breeze would knock it over.
                    TSF World Champion 2010
                    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Working...
                    X