X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Asian Billiards Championship

I don't know if there are many (English) Billiards fans here

but for the next three evenings, starting tonight 5 October at 22.30

GCS is broadcasting the final of the Asian Billiards championship on our nightly video highlights programme.

We've been asked by a lot of people for billiards footage and we are grateful to Al Jazeere for releasing their recordings to GCS.

We hope to provide more billiards footage in future.

http://globalsnookercentre.co.uk/fil..._STREAMING.htm

You can, if you prefer, watch through our Selfcast.com account which has a chat facility for registered users - so insomniacs can chat the night away... just give me a shout if the stream goes off and I've fallen asleep!!
    Janie Watkins
    On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
    All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Billiards World Record

GCS has received the following news from New Zealand of a remarkable new World Record by Peter Gilchrist

History was created at the Hamilton Cosmopolitan Club when Peter Gilchrist, from Singapore scored a World record break of 1346 in the New Zealand Open Billiards Championships. The previous world record was 1276. Gilchrist also created another world record with only four visits to the table for an average per visit of 426, against the previous best of 243. In spite of getting out of position a few times Gilchrist showed true world class in regaining his form. He seemed to have the balls on a string and could place them wherever he wanted.

The very large crowd was spellbound by the mastery shown by Gilchrist, who is the two times world professional champion.

Gilchrist was elated with the break, saying that his previous highest break was 917. He said that he was a bit worried getting close to the one thousand but relaxed after he had passed the mark.
    Janie Watkins
    On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
    All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Wow, what a big break, these players are so good at nursery cannons and when they get into the 'postmans knock' position, they don't stop easily.
      I think that when the players eventually miss in postman position, in my opinion, it is not because they made a bad hit and did not make a cannon or similar to that, I think that it is their mind, they are so worn out!

If tiredness and mayby taking that the players may get bored out the the equation, mayby the 499,135 break could be beaten in all round play, they have got the skills for it.

The Asian Billiards final in whole is on YouTube. A bit is on GlobalCueSportsCentre, with thanks to 'globalsnooker'!

Comment

Working...
      X