Indian Billiards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Billiards

Wanted to know about what you guys think of INDIAN Billiards players????
    I feel that Geet Sethi is the best billiards player in the world after Mike Russel.
    India's new search Pankaj Advani is also good.He is only 20 years old though.
    Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

India has many good players , Geet probably being the best , Mike Is still world number 1 , but you missed someone out there !!
    Chris Shutt , Chris is current world champion and its going to take someone playing very well to beat him in the coming years .
    www.greenbaize.com

Comment

I agree the Geet is the best billiards player from India. There is also another youngster Pankaj Advani. He has done great in both forms of the game last year. i.e Time limit and 150 points formats. He won the World Billiards Championship last year beating Geet in the finals. He also won the Asian Billiards Championship last year. He plays both Snooker and Billiards , I feel he should concentrate only on one game from now on to excel in that particular game. Have you heard of him?

Comment

Are we talking Carom here ?

Comment

I dont know whats carrom. Billiards is played with three balls. One each of white , yellow and red. The white and yellow are the cueballs of the two players playing. The red is used for scoring points. Like in-offs pots and cannons.

Comment

Originally Posted by ranen
            I dont know whats carrom. Billiards is played with three balls. One each of white , yellow and red. The white and yellow are the cueballs of the two players playing. The red is used for scoring points. Like in-offs pots and cannons.
            Look at the X-post from robert602.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/showthread-t_760.html

basically a table of similar size to pool, maybe a bit bigger, but with no pockets.
            I think players must hit 3 cushions before striking the object ball. No in-offs due to no pockets, but scoring for cannons is as normal billiards.

I remember seeing a video link to caram on the billiards board.

I'll see if I can dig it out.

Comment

Working...
            X