Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cushions too high on restored pool table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cushions too high on restored pool table?

So, as a favour to a local social club, I attempted to restore an old pub pool table. It was probably made around 1975ish...it was 20p a game and any problems, ring a London number begining 01 🤣
    Applied new cloth to slate and cushions and found that cushions had no rebound at all. So I bought new cushions and glued them to the rails. However, although a little better I realized when I measured carefully that the nose of the cushions is about 9mm too high.
    The problem is that the wooden rail has a ridge along its length that matches a recess in the cushion, so the gluing position is fixed.
    My options are either to plane 9mm off the rail and reattach, accepting a step from the table surround to the top of the cushion or,
    Remove the rubbers, plane off the ridge on the rails and glue the rubbers at the correct height or
    Try and find cushions that will match the ridge but have the rubber at the right height.
    Sorry to go on a bit but wondered if anyone out there has come across this before?
    Cheers
    Dom
Working...
X