All tables created equal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All tables created equal?

I've Been lurking here for a few months but this is my first post.

My question is regarding pocket sizes relative to table size. I have recently bought a 6x3 Ex-pub second hand Superleague Imperial pool table. The first thing I noticed about it is the pockets are super tight. When I play on 7x4 Supreme Winners the pockets and the cut of the slate are noticeably larger. Playing shots a few inch from the pocket down the cushion on my 6x3 I'm lucky to make 3/10 and that's if I forget about position an concentrate purely on potting the ball at pocket weight. On the 7x4 supremes its more like 8/10, the pocket accepts the ball when hit harder, obviously giving much more options for position. My question is are pockets on 6x3 tables in general tighter that 7x4 due to the small playing surface? Or is it just down to manufacturers or even different tables by the same manufacturers.

Cheers

I find they can all vary to a degree, even same manufacturer and tables. Our local 6 x 3 supreme was quite tight then we had it fully re-clothed new cushions etc and now the pockets are certainly larger and more forgiving.

Comment

Working...
    X