• Show
Clear All

8 ball and snooker hot babes - amazing must see who wins this

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...bid-from-world

Comment

Didnt Appleton used to go out with selby's wife

Comment

8 Ball World championship in China

She used to go out with Tony Holgate, not sure about Appleton though.

Comment

8 Ball World championship in China

She used to go out with Tony Holgate, not sure about Appleton to be honest.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            8 ball and snooker hot babes - amazing must see who wins this

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...bid-from-world
            funny though I think it is - i have to ask you to stop doing that please
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
              Apparently Appleton tried to hug Selby afterwards and Selby pulled away, haven't seen it but if its true it shows a lack of class from Selby
              How does it show a lack of class? He shook his hand and that's more than enough really. Grown men hugging is like very rarely necessary imo
              Whether you think its nessacery or not, how hard would it have been to give him a hug instead of a huffy handshake and immediately turn his back?! No class at all

Comment

Originally Posted by sfmcar View Post
                Didnt Appleton used to go out with selby's wife
                Yes she did

Comment

That would explain things then

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
                    Yes she did
                    Really? Whats your source for that....thats interesting haha

Comment

Got to say I strongly disagree that Selby's refusal to hug Appleton reflects badly on him. You NEVER see two snooker players hug!? That's just insane. A vital part of good sportsmanship (which is something snooker is well-known for) means showing humility in victory. Appleton is known for his over-the-top celebrations when he wins, and in snooker at least that would be considered disrespectful to your opponent.
                      A handshake (and perhaps a few kind words) is all that is needed at the end of any match.
                      That said, I haven't seen the footage. But I'd like to in order to better appreciate what happened. But on the face of it my view would be that going in for a hug at the end of a match is just not the done thing.

Comment

Actually you can see it here at the end - at around 4:38:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAaL7ZERSxA

Looks a bit more like one of those awkward ones where one guy has gone in for a hug and the other gone for a handshake. Its not like he pushes him away or anything.
                        I still think a hug is way over the top!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                          Whether you think its nessacery or not, how hard would it have been to give him a hug instead of a huffy handshake and immediately turn his back?! No class at all
                          The fact you say huffy handshake rather than just handshake speaks volumes to be honest,there are plenty ways where people can show a lack of class but not giving somebody a hug is not one of them.
                          Last edited by GeordieDS; 5 February 2015, 07:06 PM.
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

The fact you say huffy handshake rather than just handshake speaks volumes to be honest,there are plenty ways where people can show a lack of class but not giving somebody a hugg is not one of them.
                            I agree. I think dropping to your knees with cue in the air because you've won shows less class!

From the video (link posted earlier in this thread) you can't see Selby's face or half his body. It's out of shot. So to describe a handshake you can't really see as huffy suggests the guy is maybe just not a Selby fan.

In all fairness I think that all that has happened here is the result of different etiquette between pool and snooker players. If you watch the ending of pretty much everything snooker match, ever, you will see both players shake hands respectfully with the winner not celebrating and the loser saying well played. For whatever reason pool players can be a little more animated.

Bottom line : there's nothing wrong with what Selby did.

Comment

A handshake is the right way to go about it, 2 men hanging is not on.

Comment

Originally Posted by timcunnell View Post
                                The fact you say huffy handshake rather than just handshake speaks volumes to be honest,there are plenty ways where people can show a lack of class but not giving somebody a hugg is not one of them.

Bottom line : there's nothing wrong with what Selby did.
                                Apart from nicking Daz's missus, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X