Mosconi cup 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosconi cup 2015

This starts tonight on sky sports at 7 , good job it's after the uk championships ( perfect timing ) are all you cue sport fans going to watch ? Who's your winner this year then ?

Originally Posted by Jgra View Post
    This starts tonight on sky sports at 7 , good job it's after the uk championships ( perfect timing ) are all you cue sport fans going to watch ? Who's your winner this year then ?
    Never really watch pool but watched the highlights tonight up to 3-2 to Europe.

How steely was Darren Appleton after losing in the pairs! Enjoyed the jump shots, didn't realise you were allowed to do this. He also hit a tremendous 4'ball cut along the cushion in the last to clinch the win.

New experience for me but quite enjoyed the different shots to snooker (table looks small though and pockets look big!! I'm sure the pressure would be a good leveller though).
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      Never really watch pool but watched the highlights tonight up to 3-2 to Europe.

How steely was Darren Appleton after losing in the pairs! Enjoyed the jump shots, didn't realise you were allowed to do this. He also hit a tremendous 4'ball cut along the cushion in the last to clinch the win.

New experience for me but quite enjoyed the different shots to snooker (table looks small though and pockets look big!! I'm sure the pressure would be a good leveller though).
      Yea I'm the same I play and watch uk 8 ball as well as snooker however this is something a bit different and still a cue sports so does me lol

But I must agree those pockets do look big with rail shots !

Comment

Originally Posted by Jgra View Post
        Yea I'm the same I play and watch uk 8 ball as well as snooker however this is something a bit different and still a cue sports so does me lol

But I must agree those pockets do look big with rail shots !
        Nice to see some relatively easy shots missed as well. They all look easy until you apply a bit of pressure and letting some team mates down....

Comment

I love the Mosconi cup. I've watched it for year and it's invariably exiting even if the scoreline has been so one sided the past few years.
          I'm not to sure about Nick Van Den berg getting a slot on the European team tho. There's numerous players superior than he. Europe has no doubt been told to weaken their team in case it finishes a day early due to TV and sponsors etc
          Last edited by Alba_; 8 December 2015, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Enjoyed it, smaller pockets this year and there was a few unexpected misses which cut down on the amount of break and runs, rail shots actually look miss-able this year. Hopefully it stays close, the tighter table and pressure will make for some exciting games near the end.

Comment

It's about time they tightened up those tables a bit. those long rail shot on the old tables were the easiest shots in the game. You could miss by 4 inches and the ball would still go in. Shame Jayson Shaw never got in the team because that guy is unbelievably good. Way better then Van Den Berg for sure.

Comment

Yep totally agree about the tighter pockets and Jayson, would have been great to see him play in this.

Comment

pockets are now 4 1/4 inch, the tightest they said they've ever been! imagine those on a snooker table! lol
                  and none of the players apologise when they make a fluke!!

Comment

Originally Posted by shafter View Post
                    pockets are now 4 1/4 inch, the tightest they said they've ever been! imagine those on a snooker table! lol
                    and none of the players apologise when they make a fluke!!
                    Yes noticed that, nice sportsmanship! There was quite a few flukes last night as well, game changing ones too!

Comment

It's fantastic 9 ball, makes me wonder why a few of the lower ranked snooker players don't have a go at it, especially with the money being good.

Completely different game but they're very talented players, their use of sidespin is exceptional.
                      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I like the game, but the behaviour of the audience renders the event almost unwatchable in my opinion.

Comment

Don't normally watch 9 ball but have watched the mosconi cup.

The pockets are tighter than what I realised at first but the shot making is good at times.

Keep forgetting the black is not the last ball. Doh!

Comment

If America are going to make a come back the final night pairings are probably as good as they could of hoped for, but I still strongly fancy Europe to finish the job probably 11-6 or 11-7. But as a spectator its always good to see it close at the end. Bergman will be on a high after winning last night, Van Boening was a bit unlucky with Feijen's golden break, Woodward has been playing pretty well, if Dechaine has any chance of beating anyone it's Ven Den Berg, Deuel has been struggling badly but will have a bit of a boost with his win yesterday. The crowd behavior can be pretty bad but no different from when its held over here, its aimed at being more like a PDC darts atmosphere rather than a snooker match.

Comment

When the players came out at first I thought Jayson had been fast tracked and was in the American team .

Comment

Working...
                              X