X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPA Blackball Rules

Can anyone on here answer these WPA Blackball Pool Rules Questions

1 Is it a foul if the ball on and another ball are hit simultaneously

2 Can you pot your last group ball and an opponent's ball and the black in the same shot and win the frame

3 If you hit a ball that is on the cushion, Ball and cushion simultaneously and no other cushion is hit is that a legal shot

These questions were brought up at our recent AGM so I need definitive answers not guesses or opinions

Many thanks

Originally Posted by BangYan View Post

1 Is it a foul if the ball on and another ball are hit simultaneously ? No

2 Can you pot your last group ball and an opponent's ball and the black in the same shot and win the frame ? Yes ( as long as you hit one of your group of balls first ).

3 If you hit a ball that is on the cushion, Ball and cushion simultaneously and no other cushion is hit is that a legal shot ? I don't know for sure.

These questions were brought up at our recent AGM so I need definitive answers not guesses or opinions

Many thanks
    Hope this helps.

Comment

1 Is it a foul if the ball on and another ball are hit simultaneously
      Not clearly stated in the rules, so I would infer that it is not specifically a foul to simultaneously hit your ball on and another ball (another group/black). Of course you still need to hit a cushion or pot legally after this contact.

2 Can you pot your last group ball and an opponent's ball and the black in the same shot and win the frame
      Yes. As long as you hit your ball on first, you can pot any other balls, either in the other group AND/OR the black ball, in one shot.
      Combination Shot (or colloquially called "Skill Shot") rule 4j (a), (b)
      You have done a combination of combination shots

3 If you hit a ball that is on the cushion, Ball and cushion simultaneously and no other cushion is hit is that a legal shot
      Foul
      5d LEGAL SHOT DEFINED :
      To play a legal shot the player must cause the cue ball’s initial
      contact to be with an ‘on’ ball and THEN must either ….

The "then" is capitalised in the rules so to me that means they have thought of this and the events must be (1) hit the ball on AND (2) THEN hit a cushion with any ball (or pot).
      Of course as you say, it any OTHER cushion is hit after, no foul.

Many thanks
      When it comes to pool rules and their definitions and interpretations, it can often come down to each persons' own interpretation of the rules as they read them and their understanding
      What was decided at the AGM? Or where they left open?
      Will you use the replies you get here to ratify the rules?
      Can you point me to the UK Black Ball organisation website?
      all the best
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
      X