Pool Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool Cloth

Hi Guys looking at putting a new cloth on my table. I'd like to see what ye recommend. I was thinking of putting Hainsworth Match on table or Simonis. If there any other cloths you think is better I'm only delighted to listen to your suggestions.

I think the Simonis cloths are napless, not my choice but others like them.
    Hainsworth Match is a good cloth and I do like this cloth. https://www.hainsworthtoptable.co.uk...product/match/
    Strachan (pronounced "strawn") Superfine is a really good cloth and often only found in a pub with a serious league team http://www.strachan.co/english-pool-cloths/
    the 6811 is also very good and often found in pubs

personal preference for what you like and what you are looking for

I don't know about pricing.
    if you are getting it professionally fitted, ask them for their advice and then make your decision (often they will recommend what they have in their van
    ensure that they fit very well as often a pool cloth comes folded (not of a roll) and can have creases
    and will need to come back to restretch as some cloths (often Strachan) may need this to keep tight
    Last edited by DeanH; 29 April 2020, 02:44 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I don't play pool, it's a kids game but my pals that do like the speed cloths. To be honest I haven't a clue what that means or who makes it but our club apparently put speed cloths on the tables and the pool lads love them. It could be the napless cloth Dean mentioned.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I like a "speed" cloth, the super fine and the Precision are what I consider for this
        The Simonis is often "speed" and napless.
        But the fitters tend not to have this, or they say they dont as they want to get rid of what they have in the van :wink:
        often what causes issue is the fitters call cloths differently than what you see on the makers' websites

hence, talk to the fitter and describe what you are looking for - "speed with nap" - and see what they say
        Last edited by DeanH; 29 April 2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys iv narrowed it down. The Simonis is very expensive so I'm not getting that for now. I play snooker and have Hainsworth Smart on table which is great. But my pool table is where there in no heat so napless is the way I'm going. So has anyone heard of Strachan Super Pro or Hainsworth Elite Pro as I think it one of those I'll go with.

Comment

I've been pronouncing it strakan all this while Dean Never knew it is strawn.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
              Well so have I and everyone I know and the table fitters that do our club.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                I still do, no idea where strawn comes from but I saw it on a TV program about the company many years ago :confuded:

Comment

So has anyone any experience with either Strachan Superpro or Hainsworth Elite Pro. An what is there preference if they have cheers.

Comment

I have played on Superpro and Hainsworth types unknown, fast though, not much in it it for me IIRC

Comment

Working...
                    X