Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys handle your images on the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys handle your images on the forum?

I'm sure this has been covered lots of times but it's a while since I've uploaded any images onto the forum since photobucket.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a quick procedure of the most common method to upload images on here I'll look at sharing a thread on my leather cue case making from the last year.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Here is my standard reply

You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
    ImgBB.com
    Click on "Start Uploading"
    Browse to the file and select it, click Open
    Click "Upload".
    Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked", then hover over the code, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
    Go to your TSF post and paste. You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
    There are other sites as well.

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
      ImgBB.com
      Click "Upload".
      Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked", then hover over the code, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
      Go to your TSF post and paste. You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
      We should also be able to use the "Upload Attachments" button at the bottom of the page, this used to work fine. Don't know if it's been fixed yet, lets see.

Desislava Bozhilova.jpg

Can you see the image above?
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yes PB it's there.
        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Attachments on vBulletin is still there but has always been a bit of a pain to Manage (not to use but to manage) due to restrictions of file size (pixels), number of attachments, I never found how to clear files once I hit the limit.

I will make a note to the new techie

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
            Yes PB it's there.
            Thanks John.

So Shockers, just click "Upload Attachment" then browse to the picture you want, then select the size and that's it.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Attachments on vBulletin is still there but has always been a bit of a pain to Manage (not to use but to manage) due to restrictions of file size (pixels), number of attachments, I never found how to clear files once I hit the limit.

I will make a note to the new techie
              Cheers Dean. Could you also ask him to take a look at the broken smilies issue at some point. Ta.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

already noted (I will repeat)

Comment

ImgBB.com
                  Click "Upload".
                  Thank you Dean, I've got pictures on my phone but being half blind I couldn't be bothered trying to upload them, I might give it a go now.
                  well typed in imageBB.com and I haven't a clue how to start from there , I hate tech, why can't things still be made out of gears and springs ,so I can fix them.
                  thats because it's img, not image you melt lolz
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 23 April 2021, 05:52 PM.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

not ImageBB.com

ImgBB

ImgBB.com

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Thank you Dean, I've got pictures on my phone but being half blind I couldn't be bothered trying to upload them, I might give it a go now.
                      well typed in imageBB.com and I haven't a clue how to start from there , I hate tech, why can't things still be made out of gears and springs ,so I can fix them.
                      thats because it's img, not image you melt lolz
                      Thanks Dean

I've printed it so shouldn't need to ask again!
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Only with custom software.

Comment

Nice photo PatBlock. Attachment facility didn’t work for me. Seemed to upload the photo ok. When I came to post it I was asked to add text. Added text then posted. Text appeared but not the image. Any ideas.
                          Last edited by Nifty50; 24 June 2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I saw the photo as an attachment, which requires clicking onto to enlarge.

As I said before, the Attachment function does work BUT I have always found it difficult to manage; 1) able to store only a limited number of images; 2) unable to delete old images so new ones can be uploaded and attached.

I have not used the Attachment function for years as ,mine is full and nothing I can do. Hence I use ImgBB (is that what Rubyf calls "custom software"? not what I call it ).

I may ask the new techie is there anything that can be done about it.

Comment

From my tablet.
                              still can't get this to work. Will stick with the IMGBB.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X