Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys handle your images on the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Rubyf View Post
    In my case I work in https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development on position software engineer. So, if you need some help just write to me.
    bit worrying your first address is Ukraine!

Leave a comment:

• Rubyf
    replied
    In my case I work in https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development on position software engineer. So, if you need some help just write to me.

Leave a comment:

• Rubyf
    replied
    Web developers play a significant role in the design of a website. They work closely with graphic designers, content developers and programmers. Web developers play a significant role in web design. They work closely with graphic designers, content developers and programmers.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

can see the text and the thumbnail of the image, which can be clicked on to enlarge
    Interesting. Not showing up for me. Maybe my settings need to be changed. I’ll leave it for now.
    PS. If I edit my post I can see the attachment is there. Very strange.
    Last edited by Nifty50; 25 June 2021, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    From my tablet.
    still can't get this to work. Will stick with the IMGBB.
    can see the text and the thumbnail of the image, which can be clicked on to enlarge

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    From my tablet.
    still can't get this to work. Will stick with the IMGBB.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    I saw the photo as an attachment, which requires clicking onto to enlarge.

As I said before, the Attachment function does work BUT I have always found it difficult to manage; 1) able to store only a limited number of images; 2) unable to delete old images so new ones can be uploaded and attached.

I have not used the Attachment function for years as ,mine is full and nothing I can do. Hence I use ImgBB (is that what Rubyf calls "custom software"? not what I call it ).

I may ask the new techie is there anything that can be done about it.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Nice photo PatBlock. Attachment facility didn’t work for me. Seemed to upload the photo ok. When I came to post it I was asked to add text. Added text then posted. Text appeared but not the image. Any ideas.
    Last edited by Nifty50; 24 June 2021, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rubyf
    replied
    Only with custom software.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Thank you Dean, I've got pictures on my phone but being half blind I couldn't be bothered trying to upload them, I might give it a go now.
    well typed in imageBB.com and I haven't a clue how to start from there , I hate tech, why can't things still be made out of gears and springs ,so I can fix them.
    thats because it's img, not image you melt lolz
    Thanks Dean

I've printed it so shouldn't need to ask again!

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    not ImageBB.com

ImgBB

ImgBB.com

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Here is my standard reply

You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
    ImgBB.com
    Click on "Start Uploading"
    Browse to the file and select it, click Open
    Click "Upload".
    Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked", then hover over the code, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
    Go to your TSF post and paste. You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
    There are other sites as well.
    Thank you Dean, I've got pictures on my phone but being half blind I couldn't be bothered trying to upload them, I might give it a go now.
    well typed in imageBB.com and I haven't a clue how to start from there , I hate tech, why can't things still be made out of gears and springs ,so I can fix them.
    thats because it's img, not image you melt lolz
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 23 April 2021, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    already noted (I will repeat)

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Attachments on vBulletin is still there but has always been a bit of a pain to Manage (not to use but to manage) due to restrictions of file size (pixels), number of attachments, I never found how to clear files once I hit the limit.

I will make a note to the new techie
    Cheers Dean. Could you also ask him to take a look at the broken smilies issue at some point. Ta.

-

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
    Yes PB it's there.
    Thanks John.

So Shockers, just click "Upload Attachment" then browse to the picture you want, then select the size and that's it.

-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X