Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comedians that aren't funny

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comedians that aren't funny

    There are so many now and so many in the past, Morecombe & Wise for a start, Mike & Bernie Winters were even worse, I swear my parents had it in for me Today it's Nish Kumar, Romesh Ranganathan, Michael McKintyre, James Acaster, Dara O'Briain, Jason Manford and many more I can't remember, Oh yes Sara Millican whose whole act is based on being fat and can't get a boyfriend, give it a rest Sara, we know, and we know why

    C'mon people, give me your worst
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

  • #2
    Never heard of most of them vmax, TBH I i gnore todays comedians, they make my stomach cringe, as you say they just not funny.
    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

    Comment


    • #3
      James Acaster is a really good example, i first saw him a few years ago on the quizshow Pointless , he oozed ' whatever came over me to become a comedian ' , he's from the same town as Kyren Wilson , Kettering , note to self , move to Kettering , even if you've only got minimal talent you'll get more playing time i guess.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vmax View Post
        There are so many now and so many in the past, Morecombe & Wise for a start, Mike & Bernie Winters were even worse, I swear my parents had it in for me Today it's Nish Kumar, Romesh Ranganathan, Michael McKintyre, James Acaster, Dara O'Briain, Jason Manford and many more I can't remember, Oh yes Sara Millican whose whole act is based on being fat and can't get a boyfriend, give it a rest Sara, we know, and we know why

        C'mon people, give me your worst
        Sarah Millican is married to another comedian Gary Delaney

        Can not stand James Acaster, if he is on a programme I tend to stop watching.
        Jason and Dara are ok, my brother went to see Dara live a few years ago, and he said he very good and his jaws hurt from all the laughter.
        Romesh - I did like his little lockdown show but I do skip any of his travelogues.
        Last edited by DeanH; 3 June 2021, 03:01 PM.
        Up the TSF!

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm considering leaving the forum, i can't believe you guys don't like James Acaster, he has me in stitches
          Just to be slightly sexist, female comedians are garbage especially Sarah Millican.
          "just tap it in"

          Comment


          • #6
            Jimmy Carr .....about as funny as a kick in the knackers

            Love proper old comic Will Hay , his films were hilarious
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

            Comment


            • #7
              Al Murray, specifically the pub landlord, don't know of he does any other characters.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lee Mack is good ,he’s so quick and genuinely funny ,can’t stand that tw*t
                Keith Lemon ,he’s about as funny as bout of Rabies in a guide dog centre .Yep most females comedians are not funny ,I’ve laughed more having a tooth pulled than watching unfunny dross like french and Saunders and who ever the more modern ones are ,couldn’t name them .Most of these un funny comedians think that being a leftie w*nker makes them funny .
                Last edited by mikee; 3 June 2021, 05:28 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Some for the older lot amongst us, couldn't stand Dick Emery, Les Dawson, Larry Grayson( was he a comedian?) Bob feckin Monkhouse , the most oleaginous creature I have had the displeasure to watch. Les Denis, Little and Large. Is there anyone left? Probably not lol.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Romesh Ranganathan and Jason Manford have never once made me laugh and I don't like how Jason always seems to crop up during a disaster without anything of use to offer besides him just trying to get screen time. During one of the lockdowns he sent a letter to Tesco offering himself for a full time 40 hour week job and was quick to show the response letter to the media moaning about how dare they reject him with a polite rejection letter. Months later he got a job as a delivery driver for Asda but rather than doing it on the quiet he has professional photos of him unloading the van with a big smile. What a self serving....

                    I like 8 Out Of Ten Cats but can only watch the series with Sean Lock and Jon Richardson because all the others aren't funny. As for the best comedian it has to be Lee Evans. I watched Monsters last night and the making of the titles a few times with all the dancers and his entrance to the stage,

                    There are some talented female comedians like Nina Conti and the incredibly talented and funny Morgana Robinson. Nina is a ventriloquist and Morgana is an impressionist and they are not your usual moan about cakes and men types. I love a good impressionist so I like Debra Stephenson and Ronni Ancona as well. For stand up Sarah Silverman, Shappi Khorsandi, Tracey Ullman, Victoria Wood, Helen Lederer. I remember seeing Helen doing stand up in the 80s and it was gross but funny. Katherine Ryan is growing on me as well. She's not afraid to say what she thinks.
                    Last edited by MrRottweiler; 3 June 2021, 07:35 PM.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                      I'm considering leaving the forum, i can't believe you guys don't like James Acaster, he has me in stitches
                      Just to be slightly sexist, female comedians are garbage especially Sarah Millican.
                      True , but Joan Rivers was pretty good

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Some for the older lot amongst us, couldn't stand Dick Emery, Les Dawson, Larry Grayson( was he a comedian?) Bob feckin Monkhouse , the most oleaginous creature I have had the displeasure to watch. Les Denis, Little and Large. Is there anyone left? Probably not lol.
                        Bob Monkhouse was the pits . Nobody mentioned Benny Hill or Spike Milligan I notice , they wre good in spots . Loved Spike Milligans Dalek Sketch and the Irish Olympics . Benny Hill was watchable as the dancers were very sexy and some of the sketches were great. His sketch of Fanny Cradock cooking ( with Bob Todd ) as Johnny was great . Very politically incorrect now FFS !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by balkend View Post

                          Bob Monkhouse was the pits . Nobody mentioned Benny Hill or Spike Milligan I notice , they wre good in spots . Loved Spike Milligans Dalek Sketch and the Irish Olympics . Benny Hill was watchable as the dancers were very sexy and some of the sketches were great. His sketch of Fanny Cradock cooking ( with Bob Todd ) as Johnny was great . Very politically incorrect now FFS !
                          I quite liked Spike Milligan, read his book called something like Hitler and my part in his downfall, iirc, it's been a long time.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Oh yer spike Milligan , now that was one nutter ,genius some might say but definitely not had all his dogs barking that’s for sure .John Cleese ,Monty Python ,brilliant .Fawlty Towers still one of the best series ever made ,because I’m in the hotel business I can see there was so much true in that series that still holds up today ,just genius writing .

                            What do you all think of Ricky Gervais ?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mikee View Post
                              Lee Mack is good ,he’s so quick and genuinely funny ,can’t stand that tw*t
                              Keith Lemon ,he’s about as funny as bout of Rabies in a guide dog centre .Yep most females comedians are not funny ,I’ve laughed more having a tooth pulled than watching unfunny dross like french and Saunders and who ever the more modern ones are ,couldn’t name them .Most of these un funny comedians think that being a leftie w*nker makes them funny .
                              I'm not sure you can clash Keith Lemon as a Comedian ......i thought he was more of a TV Presenter........whatever ......i have to agree , not funny at all .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X