Great year for motorsports.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great year for motorsports.

The most exciting season of "Formula 1: Drive to survive" is going to be released today, I hope they'll cover the Abu Dhabi **** show in detail. MotoGP is also releasing their maiden season review "MotoGP Unlimited " next week. Meanwhile I'm watching "Beyond All Limits - Hamilton v Verstappen". And F1 with new regulation cars which are easier to follow and overtake starting from 18th this month. So far looks like good time.

Btw what do formula 1 viewers here think of the last race at Abu Dhabi?
    Guts over Glory

Well always followed F1 and liked the Mercedes team , but Max deserved the title even under ropy regulations deployed in the last race , something had to be done in the last race for a result with one lap to go , can’t finish the race under a safety car after 9 months of racing .Max had taken a gamble with new rubber and had driven better with better results all year so even if they had scrapped results for Abu Dhabi he still would have won on count back ,it was max’s title fair enough .This year who knows ,biggest shake up of the rules for over 40 years , we will see the cars evolve over the season With no doubt a few surprises in the pecking order .McLaren , Alpine, and Ferrari I think may get strong and challenge ,but who knows .

Comment

I would disagree there. To me F1 is a sport and the rules have to be followed as they were in a similar condition one year prior. Max is a driver worthy enough for WDC however, last year even though he drove excellent still FIA bent out of their way to make sure Max had the lead every time and the latest leaked radio between RB and Masi made me sure of it. If it were fair Masi wouldn't have been fired. I know F1 is full of politics and if Max doesn't change teams to join one of their favorite children ahem ahem (Ferrari or McLaren) and drives with the same aggression against likes of Leclerc then he would be on receiving end of it, this time he was on the loose because Ferrari or McLaren were **** cars hence RB were FIA favorites.

Max is an amazing driver but there is a difference between racing and unethical racing. I never liked Schumacher and Senna for the same reason. Former hit opponents car to win a WDC and got DQed another year for the same while latter regularly put his car in a position where either you yield or both get knocked out of the race and Max does both. However all three of them are great drivers and worthy of the WDC.

As for the new regulations I believe are synergic to Ferrari developments so Ferrari will be the one to look at this year.

I was never a Hamilton fan, but last year his driving made me a fan which wouldn't have been possible if Max weren't there. Ham deserved the record breaking eighth and record equalling consecutive WDC too and was robbed.

The best case scenario was to red flag the race so Ham could also change tyres if not finishing under safety car was priority. It would have given a chance for other back markers to fight for the position too.
      Guts over Glory

Comment

Too late to red flag the race as there was no laps left ,either way everyone has their own opinion and it’s been done to death on sites such as planet F1 ,history and over .Looking forward to the new season though

Comment

The man who made the decision was sacked, I think that says it all. He broke rules about safety cars coming in, he broke rules about cars unlapping themselves, just a truly awful decision. I'm not letting Horner away with it, he's probably just as much to blame, the team principles should never have been allowed any contact while the decision was made. A title is won over a season, not a race, just because it's the last one you can't change the rules at the last minute. Other races have finished behind a safety car, this one should have been no different, it was just another race during a long season, it just happened to be the last one. If this situation had happened during the third race of the season what do you think would have happened? It would have finished under the safety car wouldn't it, well what's the difference? Apart from the race order.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Which ever way you look at it Max drove slightly better all season ,Lewis had one thing last season that he didn’t have for the previous four and that was some competition .

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              The man who made the decision was sacked, I think that says it all. He broke rules about safety cars coming in, he broke rules about cars unlapping themselves, just a truly awful decision. I'm not letting Horner away with it, he's probably just as much to blame, the team principles should never have been allowed any contact while the decision was made. A title is won over a season, not a race, just because it's the last one you can't change the rules at the last minute. Other races have finished behind a safety car, this one should have been no different, it was just another race during a long season, it just happened to be the last one. If this situation had happened during the third race of the season what do you think would have happened? It would have finished under the safety car wouldn't it, well what's the difference? Apart from the race order.
              Exactly! It's a sport not WWE.
              Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                Which ever way you look at it Max drove slightly better all season ,Lewis had one thing last season that he didn’t have for the previous four and that was some competition .
                Drove better. How? Please elaborate.
                Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by throwawayttyl102 View Post

Drove better. How? Please elaborate.
                  If your referring to the aggressive nature of max’s driving ,then Lewis played out some ropy moves too .Everyone's entitled to their own opinion .It’s all done and dusted now anyway

Comment

At long last Valentino Rossi has gone, good riddance to Dorna's favourite son, now let's get rid of the control tyre and let each bike have a tyre made that suits the machine and the upcoming track they're about to race on so we can see each bike and rider perform at it's optimum.
                    F1, it's a borefest of epic proportions, always has been, in bike racing if you win by two seconds you've walked it.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                      If your referring to the aggressive nature of max’s driving ,then Lewis played out some ropy moves too .Everyone's entitled to their own opinion .It’s all done and dusted now anyway
                      I am just asking how Verstappen drove better.
                      Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                        At long last Valentino Rossi has gone, good riddance to Dorna's favourite son, now let's get rid of the control tyre and let each bike have a tyre made that suits the machine and the upcoming track they're about to race on so we can see each bike and rider perform at it's optimum.
                        F1, it's a borefest of epic proportions, always has been, in bike racing if you win by two seconds you've walked it.
                        MotoGp sure gets exciting during dog fights. I hope Marquez picks up his form soon. Rossi was my favorite in his first run but after his return, him not retiring made me cringe in his last couple years.
                        Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by throwawayttyl102 View Post

MotoGp sure gets exciting during dog fights. I hope Marquez picks up his form soon. Rossi was my favorite in his first run but after his return, him not retiring made me cringe in his last couple years.
                          Casy Stoner was the man for me in motogp, he could ride anything and win on it no matter how badly it handled but that was his downfall, if he told his engineers that this was needed or that was needed they simply looked at the data that said, pole position, fastest lap and race win and took no notice of him despite the number of dnf's he suffered in between.

Best racing on the planet is british superbikes, 200 mph 1000cc souped up road bikes, scary narrow old style tracks and no electronic aids allowed real balls needed for this series, then there's the Isle Of Man TT, get that wrong and there's no run off gravel traps just trees houses and stone walls
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

N ot looking great at the moment for Hamilton or Mercedes judging by pre season testing . Is this the annual Merc sandbagging or are there genuine weaknesses in Merc pre 2022 kick off ? Next week will tell the tale. Hamilton insists hes not sandbagging , but he always says that. Yes Max not as clean as Lewis and he is more in the mould of Senna and Schumacher but not as dirty a driver as they were. Due to him being taken off at Silverstone and Hamilton only getting 10 seconds penalty I think he deserves the 2021 title just marginally. Time for the prancing horse to come to the fore , 2007 and Kimmi was a while ago now. Marquez cannot get to grips with using the rear brake on the Honda while Pol seems well adjusted to the new bike but its early days . Jake Dixon is a major raw talent , hope he can fight at the front with Sam in Moto 2 this year. John McPhee would seriously want to get his finger out , especially at the beginning of races , he has flattered only to deceive for too many years now. I believe Lando Norris will only get better again and will be extremely hot property at conclusion of 2022. McLaren did well to secure him long term. George will trouble Hamilton greatly in the second half of the season and outqualify him on a regular basis I think .

Comment

Great to have the TT back and hope the 14.99 TV package will be good . Beware of Mickey D on the PB Ducatis

Comment

Working...
                              X