X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up .....https://m.twitch.tv/ojwhd
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I used to play when I was younger, stopped when tungsten darts came into being, yes that's how old I am, I ditched my old brass darts and bought a tungsten set of the same weight but they were so thin I couldn't get used to them. Pool took over then so I didn't miss it but I always watch the darts finals, so much easier now with those very thin darts and boards with sharp thin wires you hardly ever see a bounce out. My old brass darts were 32 grammes and so thick that when two were in the treble twenty there was no room for the third.
      Only ever had one max 180 when I managed to float the third dart over the top, but loads of 135's and 123's. We used to play 301 start and finish on a double and I once had a seven dart leg, missed double 18 for a six darter but got it next throw when I caned a county player 3-0 in a cup match against the town champions when our team were in division 6, boy did he have the hump over that, almost took it outside .
      Like my snooker there were times when I hit what I was looking at for mad half hour and looked good but most of the time very average as I was really too skinny to be any good at it
      Luke Humphries has given me renewed hope though and I've bought a set of brass darts (new old stock) from the 70's, they should arrive today, and will be having a go again and if I get some form back maybe join a league team that play in my local liberal club where I play snooker.

edit : it was double 18 as I scored 28, 60, 60, 60, 57, 0, 36.
      Last edited by vmax; 8 January 2024, 11:41 AM.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
      X