Who will win the World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very original and funny Noel

Anyway, more countries are starting to play better football, like Portugal and Spain joining Brazil and Argentina as potential finalist.
    I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Some North-Korean official said beforehand they would be a fearsome competitor to any of the others. Now the only fear is whether the poor chaps will be imprisoned (or worse) afterwards
      Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

The reason England won today...

My mate came over to watch the match wearing the "Lucky England" socks his wife gave him yesterday.

Sweet smell of victory!
        +
        +
        +
        + + +

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
          The reason England won today...

My mate came over to watch the match wearing the "Lucky England" socks his wife gave him yesterday.

Sweet smell of victory!
          +
          +
          +
          + + +

=o)

Noel
          I hope he isn't wearing them in the eights Looking forward to a classic battle...
          Last edited by miscuehamburg; 23 June 2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

SLOVAKIA

I am even willing to forget today how absolutely uninspired they played against Paraguay and the uncouth arrogant mouth that's our coach (to keep it short).
            Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
            2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Sure will not be Italy that wins the World Cup this time.

It is about time that sportmanship is brought back into the game of football.
              Why do they spend so much time trying to get their opponents booked and sent off. Somebody looks at them, they fall to the ground clutching at their faces and start doing gymnastics on the floor!

99% of players now, seem more content to cheat than to play the game.
              :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post

Why do they spend so much time trying to get their opponents booked and sent off. Somebody looks at them, they fall to the ground clutching at their faces and start doing gymnastics on the floor!

This is a fair point mate.
                As much as I adore Italy... lived there for a number of wonderful formative years in my life...
                the fact that these lameo footy pussies are out is why tonight I am making a splendid PUTTANESCA pasta...

Pasta Puttanesca also known as "whore's pasta," the name of this robust pasta dish originated in Naples
                after the local women of easy virtue...

I tell my son [ who got a busted thumb playing rugby last week... got knocked off his longboard on the street
                by a convoy of flag bedecked celebrating Brazil SUVs... and just had 4 wisdom teeth removed ]
                "MANGA, savour the heat and texture and flavour... play with all your heart and soul... but NEVER, EVER take a DIVE!".

=o)

Noel

Comment

If it isn't Holland who wins the World Cup it will be Brazil.
                  They didn't play well today, so one could think they have no real chance winning it but it doesn't work that way: they have the quality to decide a match when they want to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post

Well said. After the 'delinquent' has been punished the 'victim' quickly stands up and runs like a rabbit all over the field

You seldom see a player admitting a foul either. Quite the opposite as the one illegal goal of Fabiano illustrates. Being asked by the ref about it he -of course- denied his (double) hand foul. Subsequently he was nominated as the man of the match

I think the refs & officials should look at such issues more througly.

Comment

A very enjoyable game today, and a masterclass from Germany. Although it could have been a lot different had the referee seen Lampard's goal.

I'm thinking it's between Germany and Argentina in this half of the draw now.

Comment

England was simply not good enough, too slow in defence and not very creative in midfield. Perhaps if they had levelled at 2-2.... but I doubt it.
                        Germay has the future, the team is young and talented.

Comment

I'm -of course- delighted to see such a performance from my team. But the road to the cup is getting even more rough. After the Cauchos there'll probably be Holland/Brazil waiting in the semis...

But you never know. With a performance like today (or against the Aussies earlier on) anything is possible

Comment

Originally Posted by miscuehamburg View Post
                            I'm -of course- delighted to see such a performance from my team. But the road to the cup is getting even more rough. After the Cauchos there'll probably be Holland/Brazil waiting in the semis...
                            Germany would meet the winner of Spain's quarter in the SF, so probably Spain or Portugal. But that's still as tough as it gets.

Comment

Working...
                            X