9. XTR
    10. YWR - skywriting

Not sure of course...

Comment

• 1.DTI - bedtime
      5.LTD - meltdown
      9.XTR - extra

Comment

• Monique, I meant that the letters had to be together, without intervening letters. So, sorry that we may not be able to allow too many of yours this time - sorry...

Which means... congratulations together abextra and moglet!

However, although the words given by you both are all acceptable, I was hoping for some less obscure - for example mIDRiff instead of midrib

Misfaith and skywriting are valid words, but can you also find any more common English words for SFA and YWR?
        "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
        David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

• OK ... misunderstood again.
          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

• Lol, for me most of the words in English are equally obscure.
            Last edited by abextra; 15 February 2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by davis_greatest View Post
              Misfaith and skywriting are valid words, but can you also find any more common English words for SFA and YWR?
              I don´t know whether these are more common, but:
              • playwriter

• disfavour
              Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
              2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

• I am pleased to be learning various English words from our Estonian and Slovakian members today - very good - thank you

I had playwright in mind as one, but apparently, yes, playwriter is indeed also a word!

Disfavour too - well done... but, to close the round, one more SFA please that is an anagram of...

CANTISOIFAST
                David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

• Satisfaction

Comment

• Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                    Satisfaction
                    Congratulations, Monique, yes - and I hope you got a little from that.

Comment

• Has anyone heard a word from davis_greatest?
                      Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman

Comment

• Maybe anyone else?
                        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Originally Posted by mushka View Post
                          Has anyone heard a word from davis_greatest?
                          Yes, got some news from him yesterday. Some personal issues have kept him away from forums but he hopes for things to improve and be back here some time soon.

Comment

• Thank you, Monique.
                            I noticed the long time since his last login here and found it hard believe he would suddenly lose his interest in snooker. I'm glad to hear things are not as bas as I've imagined them to be.

Comment

Working...
                            X