Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
    Anyway...

Did anyone flick over and watch Parker v takam last night?

It wasnt bad, not bad at al. :boxing:

What made me laugh though is Parker coming in with no less than 6 belts... they just hand belts out for every fight I think these days.. lol

It's good stuff, I haven't seen the hw division buzzing so much for many many years....
    Yeah that was a good match up - very enjoyable here is a bit of it

Comment

Anyway...

Did anyone flick over and watch Parker v takam last night?
      I wstched it live at 11am yesterday - not as good a fight as I'd been hoping for, and Parker was very much confirmed as a hype job at this stage - Takam fought one minute of every three and gave him nightmares; Joshua would smash him to pieces and I'd favour Whyte to get him out of there inside 10 rounds on yesterday's performance - appalling stamina, the same leaky defence, much too upright etc.

He showed some good qualities in his calm under pressure, decent chin and threw some lovely uppercuts, but this was a guy supposedly ready to bulldozer the entire division.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        I don't respect him for doing it but he cant just jump in with AJ or Fury
        He only has to improve his ranking because nobody takes him seriously anymore -he got at least two chances at the Klitschkos without fighting anyone at heavyweight and just talking.

He was a wonderful cruiserweight but a complete fraud at heavyweight, said one thing and did the opposite.

He can't get a fight with anyone in the top 5 at the moment because they're all tied up, but he doesn't have to fight knockover jobs, he just wants to, which is why he's fighting Briggs next. Briggs has been nothing special for years now, but talks a lot so gets chances he doesn't deserve. He's not going to do any damage against Haye though.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
          I wstched it live at 11am yesterday - not as good a fight as I'd been hoping for, and Parker was very much confirmed as a hype job at this stage - Takam fought one minute of every three and gave him nightmares; Joshua would smash him to pieces and I'd favour Whyte to get him out of there inside 10 rounds on yesterday's performance - appalling stamina, the same leaky defence, much too upright etc.

He showed some good qualities in his calm under pressure, decent chin and threw some lovely uppercuts, but this was a guy supposedly ready to bulldozer the entire division.
          I watched it last nighttoo... , I don't take any notice of silly hype, I mean people saying he's going to bulldozer the division before he fought anyone that actually hit him back is just nonsense. He showed some capability last night, being hurt and answering on numerous occasions.. it wasn'tgreat but showed that the hw division is improving no end..

Comment

• [QUOTE=gavpowell;890800]Valuev had no business having the crown in the first place, having lost it to Chagaev and only got it back by the WBA duplicating the title and deciding to give one to him and one to Chagaev, then taking Chagaev's away because Don King. Haye's performance

How do you delete posts on this forum??
            Last edited by GeordieDS; 22 May 2016, 06:56 PM. Reason: My phones fooked
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I thought last nights fighting was a sham really - Haye has no right to sell tickets to that the guy was a joke - did you see how the guy went down from that jab - I mean come on... ADR could have done better

His next fight 'lets go champ' a bit more interesting mind
              He was looking to go down it was an absolute disgrace, no wonder his fights get shown on the comedy channel

Wibble

Comment

And now you see why he's seen as the biggest fraud in boxing. Between him and khan.. jeez..

Disgusting..
                Not sure how Khan can be on a par with Haye?

Wibble

Comment

• right sorry for going off topic but this had me wetting my sides just had to share again

Comment

right sorry for going off topic but this had me wetting my sides just had to share again

I must be a right miserable git because i seen this on Facebook yesterday and i wanted to punch her in the face

Wibble

Comment

• So anyway anyone think AJ is going to lose his next fight?

Comment

So anyway anyone think AJ is going to lose his next fight?
                        Klitschko has been inactive for a while and stunk in his last two fights so there's a good chance he'll get starched by Joshua, then the hype will go off the scale

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                          Klitschko has been inactive for a while and stunk in his last two fights so there's a good chance he'll get starched by Joshua, then the hype will go off the scale
                          Yep pretty much agree, he looked scared to open up against Fury and he can't punch ,so what's he going to do against AJ, it feels like a last big pay day for Klitchko to me. Fingers crossed he will throw caution to the wind but I doubt it as he never has before.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Yep pretty much agree, he looked scared to open up against Fury and he can't punch ,so what's he going to do against AJ, it feels like a last big pay day for Klitchko to me. Fingers crossed he will throw caution to the wind but I doubt it as he never has before.
                            For sure, people used to say Lennox was negative but Wlad took it to the next level with his contstant jab and grab tactics, if he'd been fighting in my back garden i'd have closed the curtains

Wibble

Comment

• Well I predicted him becoming world champion but I actually think AJ may lose this fight - He has a decent jab himself but I think AJ comes made for the Klitch jab and grab style - comes in too square on relies on his power which cancels out a few other faults. He needs to change his style and adapt some better feet and head movement if he is going to win I think - This is one area he does not train to improve enough.

His best chance is to blast him out and hopefully Klitch is now too old cant take his power and maybe he is just looking for one last pay day - for AJ I hope that is the case.

I personally think Klitch has a style that will be boring but effective against Joshua - it is a fight AJ should have avoided.

Comment

So anyway anyone think AJ is going to lose his next fight?
                                It's certainly possible. Klitschko has more experience, and has fought a higher standard of opponent than Joshua has.

The one thing Joshua has got going for him in this fight, is that Klitschko has had a long lay off for one so old. And is coming off a loss. If Joshua was fighting a prime Klitschko, he'd lose. But he's not.

How much has Klitschko got left, that's the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X