The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
    The Hearn dynasty has done a lot for 'marginalised' sports, not everyone will be appreciative but the sports have moved on and survived with a chance to flourish again.

The Frotch v Groves fight really brought an interest to what had been a very mediocre weight division in this country
    I agree - I Like Carl Froch - good fighter great fight against Kessler - He is perhaps not quite as good as Calzagie was but a true warrior all the same - shame those two never got it on - we will never know now. I think though Groves was robbed. Supprising stoppage by the ref???.

Comment

Surprised Tyson Fury hasn't had a mention, with the state of the heavyweight division he must be in with a chance of getting one of the titles.
      Froch has always fought with his face, he's a very limited fighter(although very exciting)and only got away with it because he had a granite chin,and could punch, but time and too many hard fights nearly caught up with him against Groves, I don't think Calzagie would have let him close enough to tag him.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Carl Froch very good fighter, still under estimated by a lot of people which I find surprising. Much as I rate Froch though - Calzaghe on his day would of wiped the floor with him, then again not many around coped with Calzaghe's speed and pure boxing ability, always found a way to win whether it was Plan A, B, C etc...... I had the privilege of watching Calzaghe at MSG against Roy Jones, yes Jones def way past his best but still got a boxing lesson from Calzaghe>

Calzaghe one of my favourite all time boxers for pure boxing ability, for pure atmosphere though you cant beat a Ricky Hatton fight!

Referee in the Groves fight should hang his head in shame, terrible decision...... I think Groves was def on the verge of being stopped but the ref stopped the fight prematurely, as you said I guess we'll never know.

Comment

Tyson Fury has a glass jaw and your right about Calzaghe as he would have schooled Froch
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Could be right Geordie about Fury, did he not get dropped by a blown up cruiser weight , or am I mistaken, can't remember the lads name, but Fury got up to win, mainly by leaning on him and tiring him out lol.
            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 11 January 2014, 08:14 AM.

Comment

he's got the la muscle and there's money to be made for sure.. he dont look like a natural heavy weight to me, too much body building going on, and without the legs needed. proper natural heavies that move sharp and can bang a bit will be watching this and licking their lips, for the chance of a big pay day in the future.
              good luck to him and i hope he's wise with his money from the start

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Could be right Geordie about Fury, did he not get dropped by a blown up cruiser weight , or am I mistaken, can't remember the lads name, but Fury got up to win, mainly by leaning on him and tiring him out lol.
                Steve Cunningham

Comment

Yes mate it was Steve Cunningham who couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    Steve Cunningham
                    Lol missed that

Wibble

Comment

Here is Antony Joshua's latest destruction

Comment

If he doesn't get some side to side head movement someone's going to knock it off, reminds me a bit of Bruno, not as stiff though, just the muscle bulk, can be hard to keep the oxygen going round them in long fights.

Comment

If he doesn't get some side to side head movement someone's going to knock it off, reminds me a bit of Bruno, not as stiff though, just the muscle bulk, can be hard to keep the oxygen going round them in long fights.
                          Yes needs to test his stamina but Hearn bringing him on slow and difficult to get an opponent who can take his power to give him a better test - Don't think anyone has lasted past two rounds yet! I think his stamina was a bit suspect in the Olympics but he has dropped two stones since the and looks in good shape now so hard to tell yet and I agree he is a bit open coming in square on but his footwork is quite good in comparison to Bruno and he is a deal quicker and more versatile in picking his shots - knows how to finish for sure.

Comment

Stephen Lee
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Stephen Lee
                              Ha ha ha - Dont think there will be as much chance sadly - but a new career as a sparring partner for Antony perhaps?
                              Last edited by Byrom; 3 February 2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                Ha ha ha - Dont think there will be as much chance sadly - but a new career as a sparring partner for Antony perhaps?
                                Ha when I first read that I thought it said ,as a sparring partner for Audley.

Comment

Working...
                                X