Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going back to university at 29 years old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    Your never too old to learn - I think God gave us this ambition a size to big so we could grow into it.

“All people dream, but not equally.
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the
    morning to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous
    people, For they dream their dreams with open eyes, And make them come
    true.”

― D.H. Lawrence
    Great quote!

I'm glad I started this thread. Wasn't expecting such positive and interesting replies. This is a great forum!
    Box the chimp.

Comment

Go for it!
      I went to college at 28 giving up a decent job I had for 10 years. Love what I am doing now and probably glad I left it until I was a bit older to put my focus in study. Parties were great as well.

Might be best doing something you really enjoy and better still if there is a good chance of a job when finished.

Comment

Originally Posted by gem View Post
        Go for it!
        I went to college at 28 giving up a decent job I had for 10 years. Love what I am doing now and probably glad I left it until I was a bit older to put my focus in study. Parties were great as well.

Might be best doing something you really enjoy and better still if there is a good chance of a job when finished.
        Very inspirational! What did you study?
        Box the chimp.

Comment

Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post
          Very inspirational! What did you study?
          I went to college to study jewellery design and manufacture which incorporated repairs and some business studies to help with a possible career in retail jewellers.
          I was always good with my hands and pretty decent at art subjects but had no interest at all in this when I was leaving school. Never entered my head to go that route. I just wanted a job so that I could play golf and ride my bike in the summer, snooker in the winter and enough money to make the pub at the weekends.:very_drunk:

I don't regret leaving it until I was older as I knew I was going to make this my new career and I was able to stick in although still enjoyed the night outs in Glasgow.

As someone else said, if it doesn't work out then you can get another job and you won't be wishing you had given it a try years down the line.
          Good luck whatever you do.

Comment

Originally Posted by gem View Post
            I went to college to study jewellery design and manufacture which incorporated repairs and some business studies to help with a possible career in retail jewellers.
            I was always good with my hands and pretty decent at art subjects but had no interest at all in this when I was leaving school. Never entered my head to go that route. I just wanted a job so that I could play golf and ride my bike in the summer, snooker in the winter and enough money to make the pub at the weekends.:very_drunk:

I don't regret leaving it until I was older as I knew I was going to make this my new career and I was able to stick in although still enjoyed the night outs in Glasgow.

As someone else said, if it doesn't work out then you can get another job and you won't be wishing you had given it a try years down the line.
            Good luck whatever you do.
            Thanks for your story.

I have decided to give it a try. As you said if it doesn't work out at least I tried.
            Box the chimp.

Comment

I was going to go to uni when I left school, I got very good O and A level results(they are like GCSEs for the younger readers lol only ten times harder) but had ,had enough of school, ended up as a trainee accountant, biggest mistake of my life, the biggest bunch of boring sods you would ever like to meet, but if you were academically inclined you were kind of pushed into that type of work, big ,big mistake, take your chance ,and go for it. That's over thirty years ago and I still regret it sometimes.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
              X