Who's used myHermes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
    I take everything back what I said about UK Mail. The have just snapped my 1 piece Tony Glover Cue.

****ing Idiots!!!!!!!!!
    not good, sorry to here that.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
      I take everything back what I said about UK Mail. The have just snapped my 1 piece Tony Glover Cue.

****ing Idiots!!!!!!!!!
      How was that posted Pascale, was it in a hard plastic tube, they have done well to smash that if it was, I would be beyond raging , that's awful.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It was bubble wrapped with cardboard protecting the ends inside a plastic tube with some inch by half inch length of wood tapped to the tube for added rigidity and protection.

It was on a 24hr delivery service and didn't get delivered today so I chased it up. Only to find out it's been damaged. I'm waiting on photo evidence to be sent with claim forms. I'm assuming it's been snapped or bent in half. Gutted as it was a lovely cue.

Comment

Who's used myHermes

sounds like the people in the depot tried amongst themselves to break it
          "Bob, bet you can't break this..."
          Was the wood on the outside of the tube?
          Apart from the extra wood this sounds exactly how I post cues.
          Did say how it was broken?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Wood was tapped with packing tape to the outside. Was pretty indestructible. I had it from delivery of another 1pc cue I bought from a member on here.

I'm waiting on a report with photos and claim forms. I will post up details as and when I get them.

Comment

Regarding my original post. Posted my parcel today. Measured 50cm x 50cm x 7 cm. Weight was less than 4kg and it cost me just under £13 on a 48hr delivery with parcel force.

Taking into account this was a cheap item due to market forces that could only sell for £40 with P&P is it any wonder this country is on its arse?

How long before we become a 3rd world country with folks homeless and starving having to rely on food banks because its impossible to make a living?

Whoops missed that its already happened!!!!!

I'm close to retirement anyway but I despair for my children and my grandchildren. What a country Britain has become. They should remove the word Great on the grounds of false representation. Its a wonder Brittania hasnt thrown down her Trident and F***** off to Australia
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                sounds like the people in the depot tried amongst themselves to break it
                "Bob, bet you can't break this..."
                Was the wood on the outside of the tube?
                Apart from the extra wood this sounds exactly how I post cues.
                Did say how it was broken?
                I'm having arguments with them now on a claim. They say it's packaged in cardboard and insufficiently. When it clearly isn't lol

I post is a online only service so a nightmare to deal with when you can't talk to a person on the end of a phone !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                  Regarding my original post. Posted my parcel today. Measured 50cm x 50cm x 7 cm. Weight was less than 4kg and it cost me just under £13 on a 48hr delivery with parcel force.

Taking into account this was a cheap item due to market forces that could only sell for £40 with P&P is it any wonder this country is on its arse?

How long before we become a 3rd world country with folks homeless and starving having to rely on food banks because its impossible to make a living?

Whoops missed that its already happened!!!!!

I'm close to retirement anyway but I despair for my children and my grandchildren. What a country Britain has become. They should remove the word Great on the grounds of false representation. Its a wonder Brittania hasnt thrown down her Trident and F***** off to Australia
                  Would have cost you £4.20 with myHermes and that is collected, door to door tracked delivery with £50 insurance cover, I've had no trouble with Hermes from scores of parcels, they're starting a new service for small packages of £2.73. Only use PO now if I really have to.

Comment

When I worked for the Royal Mail. The only thing I ever saw that got broke was a bottle of scotch that was wrapped in Xmas paper. Not even in a gift cardboard box. Just a glass bottle wrapped in a thin layer of paper. Some people.

Comment

Over the years i have received 2 cues that were just wrapped in brown paper lol, God knows how they survived the journey !.
                      A few years back when i lost my proper job, i did 4 weeks at the local post office sorting place in the lead up to Xmas, the number of parcels that were just thrown from a distance into the appropriate bags was unbelievable, we started off placing them in carefully but were soon told it was too slow to do it that way

Comment

Yep I've had those too.. I've had one covered in loo roll tubes masking taped together!..
                        I usually ask how people are planning to post cues these days if it doesn't look like their used to it.

End of the day you can't post it in packaging that can withstand a 3.5t forklift, or delivery van no matter what you do.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X