Ronnie O'Sullivan has backed Jeremy Corbyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
    I know what your on about mate,but the country as gone downhill since the wicked witch of the east defeated the miners and destroyed the steelworks.
    yep jim that was my time too,scargill didn't have to take the gov on and with the backing of the steel industry so she went for them both. I saw at first hand what the unions were upto I was a shop steward at the time and the number of union officials allways picking fights at the expense of their members wages alarmed me,she sensed she could win so she went for it and scargill was too stubborn to realise it he could have backed of early and kept public opinion.

Comment

Thing is now most people got no arse to take gaffers on for fear of losing jobs,we have become a nation that's got no fight left.

Comment

I remember the 70's, there was full employment if you wanted it, if you didn't you were known as a slacker. British management were the worst, very little investment in new machinery just wanting low wages to keep the staus quo. The unions saw what germany were earning and wanted parity once in the EU; you couldn't have it both ways though, either invest in new machinery and lose jobs short term or pump up wages for those already using antiquated tooling and creating substandard goods that were losing their credibility.

Triumph and BSA went, Leyland followed and then the winter of discontent that proved the final straw for the public at large. Thatcher then had her mandate for change and the public sleepwalked their way through the 80's on the back of the Falklands war and the promise of owning your council house, which was the real killer for union power; you could get your rent paid when on strike but not your mortgage, and the odd day of affordable action gets you bloody nowhere.

That's why there's no fight left anymore jim, you can't afford to lose your house, and that's the thing really, it's never ever really yours, the bank own it until the forty years is up, and you've paid ten times what it's worth due to interest, and then you die, then somebody else buys it and it starts all over again.
        The banks were making millions from the working classes but even that wasn't enough for them, they then went for subprime, giving mortgages to those on low wages and even welfare and sold those debts on in packages to banks all over the world and it all went tits up.

Dreaming of owning your own home, sleepwalking more like; all you need is a place to live that's protected by law, you're on this earth for a short time remember.

Comment

I didn't take my mortgage on until 1988 I was 38, still had the balls to walk out after telling many a gaffer they was taking ****,lost a few jobs because I would not be used as they wished went self employed in early 90s and still walked if I thought they were out of order,my son says I would not last 2 min now with the management and workforce of today,just glad time on my way out of what this world is becoming.

Comment

Remember jim managment are not owners their just bad managment,and sad as it is its not our time anymore and the new generation will do just fine, and also remember who started the sub prime market when he was just a lawyer?

Comment

It's my experience that management is no longer considered a skill in its own right - I used to work for a major media company and they used to promoted people essentially on length of tenure or if they were good at their job. Trouble is, being a good worker doesn't automatically make you a good manager. I once had a meeting with my senior manager:

"What do you actually WANT, Gav? 'Cos you're quite anti-company are you?"
              "Well, I'm anti-corporate *******ism, treating people like dirt and essentially using fear or greed to motivate them. So many people here are miserable - we're not even allowed to chat to the person sitting next to us"
              "...You don't come to work to enjoy yourself."
              "That's what I'm talking about - it is possible to have your staff ENJOY coming to work - I've seen it done elsewhere. I think you get far more out of people who are happy than miserable."
              "Well, I've worked for a lot of big companies, and there's a lot worse than us."
              "But that's the point - you think that's OK!"

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                Thing is now most people got no arse to take gaffers on for fear of losing jobs,we have become a nation that's got no fight left.
                People just took the **** though, the amount of times they done walkouts at Swan Hunters in Wallsend for the slightest little thing it was only a matter of time before the unions were crushed, nowadays a union rep tells the gaffers what's going on the shop floor,glorified snitches
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                  Don't read papers at all and if it's meant as an insult it's a poor effort. You want the UK to be run by the unions that's your choice but luckily there will be more of a different mind

Ye the bad unions who fought for all the privileges the working man and woman gets .

Comment

the only thing thats going on here is jerry just snatched the batton off that ukip fella an hes gonna be running around all the media haunts for the next few years, nothing to see or do here only more sugar

Comment

Working...
                    X