No announcement yet.

Best restaurants you've been to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Dim Sum forget London ........never been to Nobu then ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

There used to be a small family run restaurant out in the sticks near us, The Hansom Cabin, literally an extension on their family-home; the best home cooked food, a great wine list, and great service. After our first time there, which was purely by accident, they remembered our names, the remembered my wife's dietary considerations, and they remembered the wine I had last time
      The menu was not long, but always with seasonal changes, and always a pain to choose from!

I said "there used to be" as it is no longer there
      Developers had been buying up the lovely old bungalows and paddocks around that area for sometime when we found the place; and now it is buried under a "mini-estate" executive apartments
      The owners said they could not reject the huge amount being offered and it was time to hang up their ladles
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

La Gavroche or The Landau, both Michel Roux Jr.
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Read about him keeping the tips from the staff ....used to like him .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            He has since refuted those claims, don't know the truth but I've met him on a few occasions and he comes across a nice guy.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              Thank god for that - i went to KFC once, felt ill for 3 days from salt and fat!
              didn't you have any lettuce with it.....;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                La Gavroche or The Landau, both Michel Roux Jr.
                Gavroche in French means tramp - sort off - and they would not serve me once because I didn't have a jacket and tie!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Bagatelle in Oslo for seafood, simple French approach, superb turbot. KFC used to be really good, the bargain bucket a classic accompaniment to a J and movie. Then they ruined the coating.

Comment

* the balti houses of the midlands, carry drinks in! Some great Caribbean houses up there too. Goat curry after the match outside the ground villaguy.
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 20 December 2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I've never been a fan of pretentious 'fine' dining but i thought the Fishermans Lodge in Jesmond Dene was probably the best restaurant i have been to, had to listen to someone i know who has nothing pretend he had money which was vomit inducing
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        I've never been a fan of pretentious 'fine' dining but i thought the Fishermans Lodge in Jesmond Dene was probably the best restaurant i have been to, had to listen to someone i know who has nothing pretend he had money which was vomit inducing
                        I knew it well about 20 years ago - it was superb, as was 21 queen st and the blue room in the vermont, but for a good night out Francesca's was always better and 10% of the price!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                          * the balti houses of the midlands, carry drinks in! Some great Caribbean houses up there too. Goat curry after the match outside the ground villaguy.
                          They are the best in the country without a doubt, Manchesters curry mile has some nice places too. If I have an Indian I never stray far from my good experiences these days, it's always either a Balti or a Pathia. Are there some I'm missing out on? I know a mate who usually has a korma with a blob of mango chutney right in the centre, works well.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            I knew it well about 20 years ago - it was superb, as was 21 queen st and the blue room in the vermont, but for a good night out Francesca's was always better and 10% of the price!
                            Francesca's was a very popular restaurant, not been there for a long time
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Completely out of order, I used to work at the wrea head hotel in Scarborough doing allsorts, was known as the Four Seasons but is now known as the 1881. If I didn't get the tips it wouldn't have paid half as well. Often I'd get a 20 from people that I built a rapport with, Christmas was brilliant and wedding functions the same. I think Michel Roux kept it all and didn't even distribute it, bad taste in my opinion.

Comment

Grilled beef tartare with avocado and mustard ice cream, what a meal....

Comment

Working...
                                X