Your favorite movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Now there's a thread that could explode, what's the worst film you have ever seen!
    " it was a dreadful film, the worst I have ever seen, and I have seen every film William Shatner ever made"
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Platoon......thought it was shocking . Poor sound quality . Lasted about 20 mins in the cinema then walked out .
      It's a great film Neil! Loss count the times I've watched it and so many great actors in it too!
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        I like a few of his, off the top of my head, Manchurian candidate( another remake) and the Hurricane ( calm down , not Alex ) about the American boxer.
        yeah , good movies .
        he's a good actor. most of his movies are interesting to watch

yesterday a m8 of mine told me about , The Great Debaters , .
        is on my liste .

Comment

Hurricane: great song, I'll try and check out the film.

Comment

Favourite films:

The Third Man - Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten - utterly glorious atmosphere, dialogue etc. Welles is hypnotic even when he's a shadow on a wall!

The Big Sleep - Bogart and Bacall in Raymond Chandler's classic - the plot makes almost no sense but you'll never notice, and Bogart and Bacall engage in pure filth under the guise of talking about horses!

Amelie - everything about it is just glorious - it's funny, every shot is a work of art, the performances are great.

Here Comes Mr Jordan - the original Heaven Can Wait - Claude Rains is wonderful as the holy ambassador.

The Lost Boys - perfectly captures the spirit of the 80s, with a mix of wonderful performances, an amazing soundtrack and vampires! See also An American Werewolf in London.
            Last edited by gavpowell; 26 August 2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
              Favourite films:

The Third Man - Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten - utterly glorious atmosphere, dialogue etc. Welles is hypnotic even when he's a shadow on a wall!

The Big Sleep - Bogart and Bacall in Raymond Chandler's classic - the plot makes almost no sense but you'll never notice, and Bogart and Bacall engage in pure filth under the guise of talking about horses!

Amelie - everything about it is just glorious - it's funny, every shot is a work of art, the performances are great.

Here Comes Mr Jordan - the original Heaven Can Wait - Claude Rains is wonderful as the holy ambassador.

The Lost Boys - perfectly captures the spirit of the 80s, with a mix of wonderful performances, an amazing soundtrack and vampires! See also An American Werewolf in London.
              Interesting list .

thanks , watched this one . horror and also good humor in that movie .

Hav'nt watched The last boys . gonna put it on my list . ( btw , If you're a fan of vampire movies , than Underworld movies are recommendable ).

Comment

There's a film called "grave of the fireflies" that brings me to tears every time I watch it. Pacific rim tried to tug on that same nerve tonight.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  There's a film called "grave of the fireflies" that brings me to tears every time I watch it. Pacific rim tried to tug on that same nerve tonight.
                  Good morning my friend ,

Charlie Hunnam & Ron Perlman
                  both of them are good actors , imo .

Comment

a friend showed me this last night, my new fav movie :biggrin:

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Watched , The Name of the Rose ,

One to watch and hard to forget, for sure.

Wow!! a master performance From Sean Connery.
                      This man is a genius.

Along with some other top actors likes Christian Slater and Ron Perlman.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        a friend showed me this last night, my new fav movie :biggrin:

world class time wasting!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          Watched , The Name of the Rose ,

One to watch and hard to forget, for sure.

Wow!! a master performance From Sean Connery.
                          This man is a genius.

Along with some other top actors likes Christian Slater and Ron Perlman.
                          ah yes, thanks for the reminder, I will get this out and watch it again, not seen it for a while

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          world class time wasting!
                          great isn't it :wink:
                          but since the reminder I have watched the real thing with my children who, of course, have never seen it or relate to the idioms it has; "you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" ringing around the house for hours later :biggrin:
                          Last edited by DeanH; 31 August 2017, 08:01 AM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Like that Dean
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              ah yes, thanks for the reminder, I will get this out and watch it again, not seen it for a while

great isn't it :wink:
                              but since the reminder I have watched the real thing with my children who, of course, have never seen it or relate to the idioms it has; "you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" ringing around the house for hours later :biggrin:

Ahh, you've seen it then.
                              It was the first time for me and certainly not gonna be the last time. I can'nt believe I missed it. A real masterpiece where the actors get the chance to show how well they can act. Not to mention the movie was made in a real monastery, and not in some kind of building in Hollywood backstage. Amazing movie.

Comment

I really like all the Guy Ritchie films, so british, how about the abroad comedies from england they were all great.
                                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X