laser eye surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser eye surgery

after xmas i have decided to go for laser eye surgery and i was just wondering if anyone else on the board has had it done or if they know of someone that has had it...
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

I don´t know anybody who did it and i haven´t done it myself (though I´d need it ) but I saw one on TV. Creepy at the beginning when they cut your eye and lift the lens. But clear sight afterwards, so think it´s worth it
    ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

My 82 years old dad got on both eyes during the last three months. He can´t use his glasses anymore because his sight is too good. It lasts half an hour and you don´t feel any pain, and if everything goes well, your eye is better at once.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

hope it goes well warren

however, if you're having it done just to play snooker, I'm not sure it's worth it ... I personally would like a laser cut notch on my chin just to the right of the normal central one to make sure I *always* have my (right) dominant eye over the cue ...

oh, and also laser arm surgery to ensure my cueing arm always comes straight through the cue ball in a dead straight liine ... dunno about everyone else but I find my cue arm can go all over the place if it wants to ...

not too worried about my eyesight personally - I just aim for the middle one of the three balls I always see

Comment

I did it a few years ago, with "lasik" technology. I was extremely myopic, above 13 dioptries on right eye and 11 on the left plus astigmatism (5 dioptries). Astigmatism can't be entirely "corrected". I have almost perfect vision from right eye now and quite good from the left. I can now drive and do most things without glasses. I have become extremely "presbyth" though as I was warned I would. Need glasses to read or work on computer. But then I'm in my fifthies ...
          There are a few "downsides" though. Overall I need more "light" than before to see correctly. Driving at night can be very tricky for instance. And something that was quite disturbing at the beginning ... my "dominant" eye changed as my "weakest" eye became the best one.
          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
            after xmas i have decided to go for laser eye surgery and i was just wondering if anyone else on the board has had it done or if they know of someone that has had it...
            I had undergone lasik surgery 6 months back and my eyes are perfectly fine now.It has helped me in my normal life as well in my game.

It all depends on whether your eyes are a good candidate for lasik or not.
            Last edited by sunny3909; 4 December 2008, 07:02 AM.
            My deep screw shot
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I wouldn't want to undergo such an operation... My sight is very bad (around -10 on both eyes), but the only time it really bothers me is in summer when swimming, especially in crowded public pools. I can't recognize my friends from more than a couple of meters away and have to really memorize the place where I put my towel.
              Still, for me the risks of the (not strictly necessary) surgery outweigh the advantages I could gain. Also to my understanding there isn't a lot of experience with the long term consequences, especially when you get old.
              Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Well it all depends on your personal situation. There comes a point where you can't really correct a deficient vision with normal glasses when you suffer strong myopy: laws of optics make it so that the image you get through the glasses is "smaller" than the one you would see without them. How much smaller depends on the "strenght" of the glasses and the distance between your eye and the focal point of the "lens". There comes a point where this is becoming a real problem: you lose every sense of realistic distance. I came to that point when I was around 20: I struggled to go down the stairs, was regularly burning myself cooking etc... It must be said that it's not that I couldn't read the letters on the optician board actually I didn't see any letters, it was all blurred grey. Just to give an idea how myopic I was...
                I had to wear hard contact lenses: this solves the above problem as the lens is right against your eye ... no distance. It was a tremendous improvement. But after 30 years wearing them I started having serious problems: my eyes coudn't "take" them anymore. So I went for the surgery.
                Would I have done if I had had another option? Probably not. But right now I'm more than happy I did. I can even play :snooker:
                Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                  Well it all depends on your personal situation. There comes a point where you can't really correct a deficient vision with normal glasses when you suffer strong myopy: laws of optics make it so that the image you get through the glasses is "smaller" than the one you would see without them. How much smaller depends on the "strenght" of the glasses and the distance between your eye and the focal point of the "lens". There comes a point where this is becoming a real problem: you lose every sense of realistic distance. I came to that point when I was around 20: I struggled to go down the stairs, was regularly burning myself cooking etc... It must be said that it's not that I couldn't read the letters on the optician board actually I didn't see any letters, it was all blurred grey. Just to give an idea how myopic I was...
                  I had to wear hard contact lenses: this solves the above problem as the lens is right against your eye ... no distance. It was a tremendous improvement. But after 30 years wearing them I started having serious problems: my eyes coudn't "take" them anymore. So I went for the surgery.
                  Would I have done if I had had another option? Probably not. But right now I'm more than happy I did. I can even play :snooker:
                  Your eyes were really weak,it's good you went for the surgery,My eyes were 4 myopic for both eyes,I can imagine how much relief you would have got after the surgery.
                  My deep screw shot
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I believe scottish pro Marcus Campbell has had his eyes done and is delighted with the results

Comment

Isn't it true that some people have had problem seeing the low light situation after the surgery?
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        Isn't it true that some people have had problem seeing the low light situation after the surgery?
                        Isn't this exactly what Monique describes as a downside in her case?
                        Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

I did not see that, sorry for the repeat.

I remember reading about those who have the surgery not being accepted to fly fighter jets in the army because of the problem with night vision.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                          X