X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaarrgghhhhhhh ....

http://www.thestar.co.uk/snooker/Daz...man.4795879.jp

Dazzling stuff from sole man

SHAUN MURPHY is dazzling snooker crowds – but with his shoes rather than his skills!
    Murphy has been sporting a pair of sparkling silver shoes during matches, hoping to add a bit of spice to the sport.

"The shoes were a bit of a diversion because I didn't want people watching the snooker, saying it's been average," said Murphy, with tongue-in-cheek.

"I thought that if I wear some nice shoes the spectators might watch them instead. I'm just trying to put a bit of effort in.

"The shoes are influenced by a bit of Strictly Come Dancing, I'm just trying something a bit different.

"Black is a bit boring, so maybe there should be a bit of movement on the dress-code. I even have a suit with sequins on that might make an appearance this week."
    red added by me ...

no comments ... I'm speechless

Oooh and this is not an invitation to bash Shaun Murphy ... I find this pretty hilarious Maybe as he is not in the best of forms and doesn't feel like beating some of Hendry's records just now he's having a go at Dom Dale's ones
    Last edited by Monique; 16 December 2008, 09:56 AM.
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

The guy would do anything for a bit of attention wouldnt he.

Wonder how much he pays a PR company to come up with all this stuff
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Well, he is right, black shoes are a bit boring
      how fast is too fast?

Comment

pay all the money to watch some sparkling silver shoes????? what the hell...but maybe he just wants to distract from his play...
        Mon, did you add that sentence or did you just made it red and he really said that

if some players really want to add some spice then there are surely other ways to do so
        ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

The BBC showed Murphy yesterday visiting a children's hospital taking round presents for the sick kids and having a laugh and a joke with them

I didn't see any other players there
          Last edited by In-off; 16 December 2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I just added the red colour. I didn't change anything to the text!
            I also edited my post in order to make it clear this is just a bit of laugh and no Murphy bashing.

Comment

Originally Posted by In-off View Post
              The BBC showed Murphy yesterday visiting a children's hospital taking round presents for the sick kids ad having a laugh and a joke with them

I didn't see any other players there
              Indeed and well said In-off, but of course opening a thread about this is not so interesting I guess
              I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

no bashing at all, just some fun. Now that you mentioned Domonic Dale, I can´t get this picture out of my head. Murphy and Dale standing in Dale´s closet looking for the most, well, ahem...interesting...suit. No Shaun, that´s a bit too pink for you. You´re right Dominic, I´ll take the turquoise one
                ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

If he really shows up in a suit with sequins, it could maybe replace Dominic Dale's pink shirt and yellow hair combination as the worst attire in the last few years. But then, looking at it again, it might be hard
                  Attached Files
                  Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

goosebumps. that´s all I can say
                    ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
                      You´re right Dominic, I´ll take the turquoise one
                      I will take this OT, but.. do you mean the one from Shanghai Masters?

I remember looking through the WS gallery and thinking something along these lines "Like the suit or not, Dominic at least knows that jeans with a T-shirt / jumper aren´t suitable attire for every occassion. As some players still think."

Just look through the Bahrain gallery. I think there are worse crimes than silver shoes.

EDIT: Sorry, no Shanghai Masters. He wore it for the Bahrain championship.
                      Last edited by mushka; 16 December 2008, 10:32 AM.
                      Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
                      2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

I remember I once read somewhere that his dream car is a bright pink cadillac. Whatever it costs. Hit the streets of Vianna, Dom
                        ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Silver shoes....lol! Why not Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink or Black??
                          Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                            http://www.thestar.co.uk/snooker/Daz...man.4795879.jp

red added by me ...

no comments ... I'm speechless

Oooh and this is not an invitation to bash Shaun Murphy ... I find this pretty hilarious Maybe as he is not in the best of forms and doesn't feel like beating some of Hendry's records just now he's having a go at Dom Dale's ones
                            I'm only wondering what kind of newspapers you read...anyway
                            Happy Birthday!

Comment

Originally Posted by berolina View Post
                              I'm only wondering what kind of newspapers you read...anyway
                              Happy Birthday!
                              I just happen to subscibe to some RSS feeds about snooker. So news come in all shapes and sizes

Comment

Working...
                              X