Double or quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double or quits

Anyone read Willie Thorne's book and what do you make of it? I'm going to read it for the first time in the next days or so.
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

I've read it. Good book it is, interesting reading. I don't want to spoil it for you!

Comment

I was thinking of getting this too. Been meaning to for ages but never got round to it.
      sigpic
      http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

I need to get to know more about the man behind the legend haha.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
          I've read it. Good book it is, interesting reading. I don't want to spoil it for you!
          I'm nearly half way through, and it's been a good read so far.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
            I'm nearly half way through, and it's been a good read so far.
            Thanks , I'll reserve it at my library then

Comment

Originally Posted by samad View Post
              Thanks , I'll reserve it at my library then
              Dont think you will be disappointed.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Finished reading it earlier this evening and found it a really good read!

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Seen it available to buy in snookerscene but not bought it. Worth it in your honest opinion spike?
                  Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                  Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

I would say it's worth it in my honest opinion, but bear in mind it's only 143 pages long and there are quite a few photos throughout the book. Still for any Snooker fan out there it's worth reading, and there are some interesting stories..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Cheers may well purchase it then.
                      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

It is the world's shortest book, but I still have to read the second half. It isn't boring but to say that Mr. Thorne has high self esteem is an understatement and gets a bit much to hear about "me me me" at times. When he does talk about stories with friends/peers those are the better and funnier bits.

one day, i'll finish it...

Comment

Originally Posted by BrooklynCueless View Post
                          It isn't boring but to say that Mr. Thorne has high self esteem is an understatement and gets a bit much to hear about "me me me" at times.
                          Well it is about mainly about him so it's not so surprising really, but i do agree with you to an extent that happens to be more interesting at times when he's talking about others..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                            Well it is about mainly about him so it's not so surprising really, but i do agree with you to an extent that happens to be more interesting at times when he's talking about others..
                            well, naturally all auto biographies are self involved but just feels a bit over the top. I don't think i'd discribe him a modest person after reading the book.

the little side stories make the book more enjoyable and gives it more depth, enough to pick the book up again

Comment

Originally Posted by BrooklynCueless View Post
                              well, naturally all auto biographies are self involved but just feels a bit over the top. I don't think i'd discribe him a modest person after reading the book.

the little side stories make the book more enjoyable and gives it more depth, enough to pick the book up again
                              Chapter one is a classic..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                              X