Book Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Question

Just wondering if theres a book anyone can recommend charting the history of cue making ?
    Particularly interested in British and Irish makers
    Thanks in advance
    Darren
    :snooker: If you can't pot the pink - bury the brown!

I know there was a cue collectors guide that someone had collated that was available on ebay a while ago, but other than that the only thing I have ever seen is old cue catalogues and the like. If you have any joy please share?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
      I know there was a cue collectors guide that someone had collated that was available on ebay a while ago, but other than that the only thing I have ever seen is old cue catalogues and the like. If you have any joy please share?
      Cheers bud im on the hunt - will update if i find anything

Comment

The Collectors Guide written by Gordon Radford and Andy Hunter is more of a price guide and offers very little information about the cues themselves other than the maker, the Cue name, and whether it was a machine spliced or a handspliced cue. It is useful but my not give you the guidance and information you are after Darren.
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          The Collectors Guide written by Gordon Radford and Andy Hunter is more of a price guide and offers very little information about the cues themselves other than the maker, the Cue name, and whether it was a machine spliced or a handspliced cue. It is useful but my not give you the guidance and information you are after Darren.
          Thanks Stupree its a start as nothing on amazon so im broadening the search pal

Comment

Here's the link mate - http://www.thecuecollector.com/CuesForSale.html

You order as instructed and you will receive a personal copy emailed to you
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
              Here's the link mate - http://www.thecuecollector.com/CuesForSale.html

You order as instructed and you will receive a personal copy emailed to you
              Thanks mate - much appreciated

Comment

Book Question

not a book but an interesting site with lots of history items but not exactly what you may be after
                http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/

also look for the Chris Lloyd and Mike Feaney websites for history of various cues and makers - abet the main makers
                if you find anything let us know
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just ring Andy Hunter and he will bore ur tits off!

Comment

Thanks Dean and Trev i suffered Andy on Youtube this morning and couldnt bare his drone lol so ill give that a miss (wish i had a pound for everytime he said 'theres only a couple makers can make a proper cue' pmsl

Comment

Working...
                    X