Success Vs Joy - Geet Sethi with Sunil Argarwal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Vs Joy - Geet Sethi with Sunil Argarwal

Success Vs Joy - Geet Sethi with Sunil Argarwal.

Success Vs Joy is a book about concentration, character and self-discovery. Written by Seven-Time World Billiards Champion Geet Sethi, it explains the concentration and desire to get to the top of the game, and also the top-of-the-table for Billiards players, which means into the postman's knock or floating white position! Not getting there through ball control, but mind control. Geet Sethi has a lot of experience in Billiards, and also in Snooker, and is known as one of the best Billiards players all time along side the ultimate Walter Lindrum, Joe Davis, and Peter Gilchrist and Mike Russell.

This book does not show the technique and how to strike the cue ball, it is not an instructional book, but it is an inspirational book on Mind Control, and how to get into the best concentration for your matches.

Phil Yates, a well-known Snooker journalist and commentator, who is a correspondant for the London Times, said: As a seven-time world billiards champion Geet Sethi has experienced his share of joy and what society views as success. Phil Continues to say: It is both a philosophical journey outlining one man's self discovery and a road map highlighting the many emotional cul-de-sacs that exist off the path to a full rewarding life.

In learning about what makes Sethi tick you will also learn about yourself, even if you do not know a billiard cue from a hockey stick.

Amitabh Bachchan says: ..."A Masterpiece.. The brilliance of this book is in its innovatove simplicity. There is no doubt that whoever reads this book will benifit significantely from it"...

This is not a religious book, but a book covering the mental game from a very experienced player. Some of the chapters include: Demons in the Mind, Single-Mindedness, Use Stress to Calm, Pure Action, Saying No to Success, Coping with Pressure, The Zone, Learning to Switch Off, and The Way the Humility Crumbles.

Geet says in the book: "There is another out of body state that players reach. It is much like an out-of-body experience, a trance. I have gone through this experience on three occasions. In this state, I could actually see myself playing."

The main focus is the question, Success or Joy?, and he shows the common faults in the mental game of others.

This book has definately giving me more advantage over my opponents, It gives the reader a different view on concentration, and in my opinion, is for everybody. This book is a must if you want to improve your mental game and give you inspiration to do so.

I give the book five-stars, it can be ordered on-line at www.SnookerScene.co.uk for £6.24 in Paperback.

Thank You for Reading this book review,

Review Written by 'Bongo' on 20/04/08.

Sounds like the rantings of a nutter just escaped from the asylum to me.

Do people realy but that crap?

Comment

As every mind is different reading a book won't really do the trick. It can be a good guide, but in the end everyone has to find his own way of coping with fears.

Comment

I have read this book, albeit with some difficulty.

It seems to boil down to achieving a mental balance between the tension which comes with a desire to win and the relaxation which comes from not caring whether you lose. This is not a new idea, and I read with interest to see how it could be achieved.

I got about three-quarters through, having received a few more objectives of the same nature to which I was advised to aspire, without any enlightenment on how to achieve any of the objectives. It was when Sethi revealed that he had not succeeded in achieving these states himself that I stopped wasting my time reading any more. Fortunately I had not wasted my money, having borrowed the book from someone who had.

Review written by 100-uper

Comment

Originally Posted by vuce View Post
          As every mind is different reading a book won't really do the trick. It can be a good guide, but in the end everyone has to find his own way of coping with fears.
          That is correct but I found that the book really helped me.

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
            I have read this book, albeit with some difficulty.

It seems to boil down to achieving a mental balance between the tension which comes with a desire to win and the relaxation which comes from not caring whether you lose. This is not a new idea, and I read with interest to see how it could be achieved.

I got about three-quarters through, having received a few more objectives of the same nature to which I was advised to aspire, without any enlightenment on how to achieve any of the objectives. It was when Sethi revealed that he had not succeeded in achieving these states himself that I stopped wasting my time reading any more. Fortunately I had not wasted my money, having borrowed the book from someone who had.

Review written by 100-uper
            You have a very good point there, I'm going to read the book again just to see what you mean. Sorry for the late reply!

Comment

I understand that a copy of a copy of this book was sold for over £100 recently. It is understood that they are becoming rare in this country, they are not floating around like other books. I once again recommend this book for players wanting to improve their 'mental game' and people that are interested in Geet's book.

Comment

Working...
              X