This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...oAAOSwjONd6hF3

Someone's been snorting the linseed oil a bit too much.

Comment

• Good god.

Comment

• Who made that cue? Crispian Jones ?
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
          Who made that cue? Crispian Jones ?
          Yeah, on a facebook for sale group. Whole lotta work in that thing.

Comment

• https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133288206663

Anyone else think the badge on this looks a bit iffy?

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
              https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133288206663

the photos do not help; on some angles it does look like possible glue over run and uneven setting, but difficult to tell from the photos.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• There seems to be a load of excessively expensive and some maybe questionable Parris cues on facebook marketplace recently. Do people really buy them???

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133288206663

To my eye the ash and the 3/4 joint look newer than the badge in the photos. If the seller stated it had been refinished, (which he doesn't ) it may go some way to explaining that, but even if that was the case, why not get the badge tidied up at the same time......
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

To my eye the ash and the 3/4 joint look newer than the badge in the photos. If the seller stated it had been refinished, (which he doesn't ) it may go some way to explaining that, but even if that was the case, why not get the badge tidied up at the same time......
                    It's a nice looking cue, though those 3 little brown spots on what appears to be an otherwise jet black butt would drive me mad. The wear on the badge just looks a bit strange, assuming it is wear and not as mentioned a bit of glue that seeped out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post
                      There seems to be a load of excessively expensive and some maybe questionable Parris cues on facebook marketplace recently. Do people really buy them???

Hard to say, the so called "ronnie reps" in ultimate category usually don't last long. Crackheads like ultimatecue147 on ebay just seem to love listing cues with an utterly ludicrous price that never seem to shift.

There's one or 2 other headcases that seem to quite literally visit the parris workshop daily so they can snap up any traditional cues and list them on ebay. All a bit sad really.

Comment

• And there are the people that ordered one but had to wait many years, and now that they finally have them they stopped playing so they are selling.
                        A bit the same with the rare & exclusive beer i prefer, that also gets resell hunters that try to make a profit (i'm not one of them, i keep them all for myself )

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...f254%7Ciid%3A1

Another "ultimate" with a shaft that's "ok" at best. People paying for these are getting taken for a ride whilst the pro's get them for free and get the pick of the litter of shafts. Compare the cue in the above link to what a pro gets:

Comment

• chevrons do not make an Ultimate
                            supposedly, playability is what makes an Ultimate

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              chevrons do not make an Ultimate
                              supposedly, playability is what makes an Ultimate

I beg to differ, the whole spiel about the ultimate on older versions of the parris site were that it was "a magnificent shaft with the straightest of grain and very even points".

That mantra has fallen by the wayside in recent years due to the backlog being stupidly big so even rack level cues are getting an ultimate badge slapped on them.

Comment

• if chevrons make the Ultimate, then why does he sell Maple Ultimate?

If someone wanted an ash Ultimate made with ONE chevron 6.235 inches from the tip, that would still be an Ultimate - because the badge and the bill says so

"... very even points" would that not be the points of the butt splices? Which we all know, JP (staff) seem to have difficulty with sometimes? :wink::biggrin:

Comment

Working...
                                X