X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100-uper
    replied

Just spotted this cue on eBay. Unusually for an amateur presentation cue I happen to have some history on this one, which was awarded for a billiards handicap at the Swan Hotel, Stepney. The event had an entry of 78 local amateur players and took place in February 1908. This particular cue was actually the prize given to the runner-up, J. Newman, (not connected with the famous Tom Newman, as far as I know). This is a snippet from the New World of Billiards about the event. It always fascinates me how these things come together ...

Last edited by 100-uper; 3 December 2014, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    I want something that just potters around the house all the time

but this for a table, not a snooker table unless it only goes from baulk to black in straight lines,even then ...
    :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    here's a new one on me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROBOT-SNOO...item3f41243a71

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Looks like a decent price for this very nice cue.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andy-Travi...item33991c0b87

Leave a comment:

• rdsalt
    replied
    Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
    Thought this was a bit unusual and would make a nice case with a bit of work, maybe some new Chaney catches and line the interior with suede.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hand-made-...item4adfc7e08a
    Seller has changed the item! It now links to snooker balls and a triangle, looks like he must have sold the oak case off ebay.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Can you not figure out roughly when he ordered these cues by the numbers on them?
    I believe the badges are put on when completed and the numbers relate to that time and not when ordered.
    I believe Fedia had ordered many back in 2010/2011 and hence the stream of them from him, how many we may never know

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Can you not figure out roughly when he ordered these cues by the numbers on them?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
    Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
    Nice Cue this for very little money!

Gaz.
    Tempted by this as it's my spec
    worth a go I'd say
    I got the wife a very similar cue (with four splices) and it is a great cue.

Leave a comment:

• Catch 22
    replied
    Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
    Nice Cue this for very little money!

Gaz.
    Tempted by this as it's my spec

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    I can't work out how he gets them all. Its been going on a while so he must have started making orders - say 1 or 2 a month about 4 years ago.
    Agreed he Must have, he's asking £1100 for that hunt & osbourne as well

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Originally Posted by rob s View Post
    For that price I would sell 2 of my John Parris Ultimates and a JPU case. That fedia is mad ain't he
    I agree - I don't even like this one - quite a poor cue in comparison to many I have seen and owned. He obviously cant sell them for anywhere near this much surely - and I wonder if there is a table tennis forum out there moaning about the price of his bats too?

Leave a comment:

• guernseygooner
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    This fedia fella must find have a mugs r us following as he seems to sell them in the end, the specs of most of his cues favour the chinese so I guess they are the target market.
    I can't work out how he gets them all. Its been going on a while so he must have started making orders - say 1 or 2 a month about 4 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    This fedia fella must find have a mugs r us following as he seems to sell them in the end, the specs of most of his cues favour the chinese so I guess they are the target market.

Leave a comment:

• Catch 22
    replied
    Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
    Thought this was a bit unusual and would make a nice case with a bit of work, maybe some new Chaney catches and line the interior with suede.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hand-made-...item4adfc7e08a

I like that

Leave a comment:

• rob s
    replied
    Originally Posted by svendh View Post
    For that price I would sell 2 of my John Parris Ultimates and 2 JPU cases. That fedia is mad ain't he
    Last edited by rob s; 19 November 2014, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X