Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well after all it is a 2 piece and not a 3/4..

Comment

• Nice cue, , those cases are very good. I have one and they knock spots of the cue craft cases.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post
        Nice cue, , those cases are very good. I have one and they knock spots of the cue craft cases.
        Do you think? I have a couple of cue craft cases and they seem to hold the cues slightly better.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mathias121 View Post
          Do you think? I have a couple of cue craft cases and they seem to hold the cues slightly better.
          Much better, externally stronger. I have both types but prefer the Barracuda. Internally the cuecraft may hold the cue tighter as it maybe newer. My cue craft case holds my cue tight but it has only held my cue and is only two years old. My barracuda could be twenty years old.was going to order the foam internals from cue craft to put in the barracuda but was lucky enough to get an old one piece glover case.bothcases now house cues that are nolonger used however both do a great job in protecting a cue.

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/john-parr...e/302591545087

re-listed with some bizarre statements

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/john-parr...e/302591545087

re-listed with some bizarre statements
              He just messaged me on ebay because I questioned it first time around. He said John said everything about it is correct so there you go

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                He just messaged me on ebay because I questioned it first time around. He said John said everything about it is correct so there you go
                if you're stuck for a response i'd suggest "b******t!"

Comment

The only way to be 100% sure would be for any potential buyers to contact Parris prior to bidding.

Comment

The only way to be 100% sure would be for any potential buyers to contact Parris prior to bidding.
                    Thing is who would actually take a chance on paying more than a standard Master Cue version, as if you tried to sell it you would have same problems everytime

Comment

Thing is who would actually take a chance on paying more than a standard Master Cue version, as if you tried to sell it you would have same problems everytime
                      If the potential buyer had reassurance from John Parris that the cue is authentic then they would not be taking a risk. If they could aquire written proof from JP then that should prevent these issues.

Regardless I have never seen a machine spliced JP cue that isn't badged as a master cue. Depending on how much alcohol I consume this evening I may be visiting relatives in Forest Hill tomorrow. If I do I may pop in and ask them out of curiosity but already consumed alot (after all it is poets day) so it is very unlikely.

Comment

If the potential buyer had reassurance from John Parris that the cue is authentic then they would not be taking a risk. If they could aquire written proof from JP then that should prevent these issues.

Regardless I have never seen a machine spliced JP cue that isn't badged as a master cue. Depending on how much alcohol I consume this evening I may be visiting relatives in Forest Hill tomorrow. If I do I may pop in and ask them out of curiosity but already consumed alot (after all it is poets day) so it is very unlikely.
                        how's the head Dave? :biggrin:
                        as you, I have not seen a machined JP that is not a Master cue
                        I wonder exactly what question and details was asked of John Parris?
                        Did he know the machined part or only the postcode part?
                        :wink:
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

how's the head Dave? :biggrin:
                          as you, I have not seen a machined JP that is not a Master cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            This is what the seller said to me:
                            "I've just had a 10 minute conversation with John Parris with regards to the authenticity of the cue and he confirmed it's one of his, he told me many years ago he put the SE23 disc on all cues until he started different names for cues, John said he keeps an eye out on eBay for fake cues and he did look at mine and said it's not fake, he even explained the joint, the painted extension, he said we later called this a master cue, they sold for about £180, he said whoever buys it give him a call and he would confirm it's one of his. He was really chatty and quite interested in the history of it, nice guy!"
                            And:
                            "I only got off the phone to John an hour ago and he said this was an early master cue before he started putting different names on the disc, he told me he does look on eBay for fake cues and said he looked at mine and confirmed it's he's, he advised me to tell anyone interested in it to give him a call and he will confirm this"

So there you go, you pays yer money and takes yer chance

Comment

• cool, thanks for that

very short run of those then, as named cues came in ~87/88; so only, what 3-4 yrs - with the previous plain "John Parris" badge, then the postcode, so could be quite rare.
                              as you say "...you pays your money..."
                              Last edited by DeanH; 6 January 2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• So how does the parris cues go as in order i know ultamate is top and Pragon is close so whats the order low end to high
                                Current playing cue Trevor White
                                3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                                X