• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dredd46
    replied
    Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283067695416

Before buying this please note:
    Originally my cue. Was originally a 58 inch plain ebony cue. It was taken down to 55 inches. I sold it to this guy for £300 and he's had it lengthened 2 inches and is trying to pass it off as an original. It certainly is not.

The finish at the base is not even finished like an Osborne cue.
    £600 + delivery on FB = Superb condition. No mention of any work done. Looking at profile the guy is a dealer no surprise.

Leave a comment:

• thai_son22
    replied
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283067695416

Before buying this please note:
    Originally my cue. Was originally a 58 inch plain ebony cue. It was taken down to 55 inches. I sold it to this guy for £300 and he's had it lengthened 2 inches and is trying to pass it off as an original. It certainly is not.

The finish at the base is not even finished like an Osborne cue.

Leave a comment:

• perpetualboredom
    replied
    Typical eBay fun.. full of scammers and tyre kickers.

I’ve had someone practically begging me to sell them a cue for 30% less than it’s listed for. Messages every other day... now on the banned list. If £25 is so important to them I have decided they shouldn’t be spending any money on cues.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    The person who pays you, ie the PayPal receipt is the person who has to receive the goods, otherwise they can put a claim in saying you haven't sent it, and your tracking number would show it going to a different address, hence you are screwed.
    NEVER EVER send to a different address than what's on the PayPal

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    You do get their address before they have paid on Ebay . And the Ebay address is the one that you have to send it to ........trust me .....don't send to another address ........scam merchants everywhere .
    Where is this address to be found?
    And you have it totally the wrong way!
    You have to send it to the confirmed address that's on the PayPal receipt otherwise you are not covered under their insurance mate

Leave a comment:

• TooDark
    replied
    For me when you sell on eBay you have to wait till item has been paid for before getting address for despatch??

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    You do get their address before they have paid on Ebay . And the Ebay address is the one that you have to send it to ........trust me .....don't send to another address ........scam merchants everywhere .

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    If you all report him to ebay , and show them the messages they will ban him .

If he has won a bid , then you will have his address .

Where is he based ?
    You don't get his address until he pays?
    Or maybe you do not sure, but I always wait for the confirmed one that's on the PayPal receipt
    Last edited by jrc750; 21 July 2018, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    Quite simply the worst ebay experience of my life dealing with him ( and that's saying something as you get plenty on ebay buying or selling ) which is a shame as it can be great, but its only as good as the people you're dealing with.
    Ebay's reporting system is so rigid there is no way of dealing with thing's like this quick, so you just have to keep waiting until so many days have elapsed etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    If you all report him to ebay , and show them the messages they will ban him .

If he has won a bid , then you will have his address .

Where is he based ?

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
    He’s clearly not right and not your average buyer/guy as can testify to that.
    Comms start off friendly then soon as cancel request comes in he’s abusive right off the bat and not nice!

To be fair he never got abusive with me, just kept putting up obstacles to try and delay payments then made dodgy payments he obviously knew would fail to try and buy himself more time.

Leave a comment:

• TooDark
    replied
    He’s clearly not right and not your average buyer/guy as can testify to that.
    Comms start off friendly then soon as cancel request comes in he’s abusive right off the bat and not nice!

Leave a comment:

• anish147
    replied
    Do you think he gets kicks out of making others' life difficult? He clearly cannot afford the cues and likes to mess people selling decent top end cues around.

eBay won't ban him because he presumably does buy some stuff so they're happy to let him keep spinning stories

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    He needs professional help by the sound of things
    He was even bidding on the cue when it was re-listed, despite not being able to make payment. It's interesting he supposedly has a wife as his whole routine the first time around was he couldn't pay because nobody would be at home as he was "in hospital" to receive the cue. He supposedly sent payment from his paypal balance (which also showed as an e-cheque) that also failed.

Just seems to be someone that bids and hasn't any way of paying for it. Why he would then bid makes me wonder, unless he just likes messing people around.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    He needs professional help by the sound of things

Leave a comment:

Working...
X