Who bought the mystery champion cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who bought the mystery champion cue?

Anyone buy the locked case with unknown champion cue off Ebay? Can't believe it went for £75!
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

I bottled it around £48 ish
    i'm not a gambler see, someone may have got a great bargain there

Comment

Ohh and i did ask "what happens if the cue is not handspliced ?? are you going to offer a refund ??" he never answered that part lol
      Here is link for those who didn't see it
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-one-pi...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
        Anyone buy the locked case with unknown champion cue off Ebay? Can't believe it went for £75!
        Did you think it was going to go for more or less than £75?

I was tempted to put in a bid but decided against it in the end.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I hope we get to find out, fingers crossed it's a cracker, I like to see folk who take risks get the rewards.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Stinks to high heaven....You telling me he wasn't prepared to break it open to take pictures of the cue?? most likely a broom handle inside :-) Guaranteed if someone on here bought we'll only find out if it is in fact a decent cue!

Comment

Might also be people on here locking up their niche 'ultimate' in their cue craft cases throwing away the key and heading to e bay as we speak.

Comment

Niche................ I was thinking of using my 'Argos' Ultimate :-)

Comment

Clever sales tactic...

But that's a pound shop luggage lock...

The cue will be worthless.

Comment

He's on a bit of sticky wicket- Listing states it's a 50 year cue owned by his Grandad it's got 'Champion' in writing on the cue, stated it's handmade etc....... If it's totally miss described Paypal will just refund the buyers money. What he really should of put on the listing was 'Old ****ty cue case, crap warped cue inside, putting it on Fleabay because some idiot is bound to pay loads of money for it' (I don't mean you JRC before anyone mentions it!) at £50 I prob would of bid on it for the 'just in case' factor :-)

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true well- - - -

Or we might all be being just a tad cynical - the buyer might well be lazy not everyone knows about cues or snooker to the nth degree and so the buyer might now own the greatest burwatt champion known to mankind - which I hope for them is the case.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        If it sounds too good to be true well- - - -

Or we might all be being just a tad cynical - the buyer might well be lazy not everyone knows about cues or snooker to the nth degree and so the buyer might now own the greatest burwatt champion known to mankind - which I hope for them is the case.
                        Older I get more cynical I become............

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                          Did you think it was going to go for more or less than £75?

I was tempted to put in a bid but decided against it in the end.
                          I was out at £50, at £75 could still be a bargain?
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Love how he couldn't get it open but oddly enough there's 2 flat screws on the latch above the lock, take these off and the top would come off. How strange

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                              Love how he couldn't get it open but oddly enough there's 2 flat screws on the latch above the lock, take these off and the top would come off. How strange
                              Looks like it's been welded either side of the screws

Comment

Working...
                              X