Clear All

• Will Hunt (London) Black Plate #50

Black Plate Cue #50

Weight: 18oz

Length: 57”

Butt Diameter: 29.9mm

Tip Diameter: 9.45mm

Point of Balance: 16.5”

It is at £600.00 with 9 days to go. Any guesses for the final price?

I am guessing too much for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3216955864...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Black Plate Cue #50

Weight: 18oz

Length: 57”

Butt Diameter: 29.9mm

Tip Diameter: 9.45mm

Point of Balance: 16.5”

It is at £600.00 with 9 days to go. Any guesses for the final price?

I am guessing too much for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3216955864...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    It's one of the new ones not an old school will hunt black plate, I wouldnt be surprised if it went for £1000 or more. If it does then I think the buyer would probably be disappointed to know his cue was made in Thailand for a fraction of the price
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

deffo one of the new cues appearing now and then, also checked that it was not that "Hunt" badge sold last year (?) on its own resurfacing
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I noticed there are 3 bids so far and all of them from the same person.

probably bidding up the price until reserve met?

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
          It's one of the new ones not an old school will hunt black plate, I wouldnt be surprised if it went for £1000 or more. If it does then I think the buyer would probably be disappointed to know his cue was made in Thailand for a fraction of the price
          Thailand really?? That shaft looks more like one of those cheap Chinese Winchester shafts or one of those other ones. On his other cues of late he's stuggling to get bids of £200 and also it seems Dave Coutts cant shift them on his website either.
          I wouldn't say thank you to one of it was given to me free tbh.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
            Thailand really?? That shaft looks more like one of those cheap Chinese Winchester shafts or one of those other ones. On his other cues of late he's stuggling to get bids of £200 and also it seems Dave Coutts cant shift them on his website either.
            I wouldn't say thank you to one of it was given to me free tbh.
            Yes they are made in Thailand definitely not China. They are good cues by the way probably better than his original cues and are made to the same standard as Phoenix, maximus, Ton praram cues. I would definitely have one and say thank you especially if it was given to me for free, I just hope the buyer doesn't think its an old school original will hunt black plate as they are wortha lot more purely down to the fact they are more rare and we're all hand made in the UK
            77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

It is Will Hunt selling the cue . . .
              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                Yes they are made in Thailand definitely not China. They are good cues by the way probably better than his original cues and are made to the same standard as Phoenix, maximus, Ton praram cues. I would definitely have one and say thank you especially if it was given to me for free, I just hope the buyer doesn't think its an old school original will hunt black plate as they are wortha lot more purely down to the fact they are more rare and we're all hand made in the UK
                What wood was used on the old handmade cues Will made? Also what separates a better cue now then the old one?

Comment

that extension! notice the joint used is definitely not from Will Hunt and I can't deny my doubt on this seller.
                  that shaft! notice the grains are simply just not Will Hunt's style.

conclusion cant buy!

Comment

It is Will Hunt selling these .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeTheBigMonster View Post
                      that extension! notice the joint used is definitely not from Will Hunt and I can't deny my doubt on this seller.
                      that shaft! notice the grains are simply just not Will Hunt's style.

conclusion cant buy!
                      So you don't think its a Will Hunt cue when the man himself Will Hunt is the one that's actually selling the cue!! Can you see where this is going?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ksquare View Post
                        I noticed there are 3 bids so far and all of them from the same person.

probably bidding up the price until reserve met?
                        Is it possible his initial bid was below reserve price, so he crept it up until reserve met ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why are old Will Hunt cues worth so much, apart from rarity, are they really that good to justify being in excess of the cost of an Ultimate?

Comment

I have a Will Hunt Greenplate 1 piece ash cue available if anyone interested?...Its a very nice cue, stiff shaft and great potter in brand new mint condition with the signed certificate. Can sell for £300.

EZ
                            " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Specs are: 57" long, 9.5mm tip , 18oz, 29.6mm butt, 16 1/2" balance point.

sunsetbeachguy@hotmail.com

EZ
                              " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Working...
                              X