Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ( it may even help sell a cue ).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ( it may even help sell a cue ).

MMmmmm seen this design of badge somewhere else in the past. . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Niche-Exce...item3cf5c3be9c

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does look very similar ehh

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Does look very similar ehh

Neither of them is genuine. Both copies. But at least the Thais didn't use B&W's name!

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
        Neither of them is genuine. Both copies. But at least the Thais didn't use B&W's name!
        I think that's probably more true than you realize !

EZ
        " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
          I think that's probably more true than you realize !

EZ
          Is the Niche not a Niche then ???

Comment

Is the Niche not a Niche then ???
            Well it looks a lot like the one at the top of this picture...

http://www.greenbaize.com/niche-handmade-cues-3/

...., but does that mean it is?

EZ

Comment

Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
              Well it looks a lot like the one at the top of this picture...

http://www.greenbaize.com/niche-handmade-cues-3/

...., but does that mean it is?

EZ
              Why wouldn't it be ?? first time iv'e ever seen this design of cue, so what would be the point of someone faking one ehh

Comment

Why wouldn't it be ?? first time iv'e ever seen this design of cue, so what would be the point of someone faking one ehh
                Well I've seen the design around for a while now previously on Phoenix cues, which of course are Thais, but then there are Chinese copies of the Thai cues floating around also !

EZ

Comment

That's my Niche cue, and yes it was bought from Green Baize,and its genuine,the photos were taken with my phone,I made the mistake of ordering a 57in cue,but realise I need a longer cue.

Please make sure posters,if you going to post one of my listings,not to throw about accusations of me trying too defraud people.
                  Last edited by george31; 23 March 2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by george31 View Post
                    That's my Niche cue, and yes it was bought from Green Baize,and its genuine,the photos were taken with my phone,I made the mistake of ordering a 57in cue,but realise I need a longer cue.

Please make sure posters,if you going to post one of my listings,not to throw about accusations of me trying too defraud people.
                    I think if you read back George you will see clearly that nobody has accused you of anything !

EZ

Comment

Masterblaster - both copies, hes words
                      You - I think that's probably more true than you realize ! Your words

Jrc even questioned your comments

What are you discussing then? Im intrigued to know.

Comment

George they are not saying its a copy - they are saying the design of the wording on the badge is similar to a BW Eurika - this is not a bad thing - its a compliment - it is a great design.

Modern cue makers copy older classic cue designs like the mannock or the burwat champion - I get what they mean and others do too - perhaps not properly explained.
                        Last edited by Byrom; 24 March 2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Yes mate I do understand the reason for Billabongs thread/post,but I don't understand Master blaster or EZ comments is the problem I have.Sorry to sound funny,but when Master blaster comes out with my cues not genuine,I have every right to defend myself.

Comment

Originally Posted by george31 View Post
                            Yes mate I do understand the reason for Billabongs thread/post,but I don't understand Master blaster or EZ comments is the problem I have.Sorry to sound funny,but when Master blaster comes out with my cues not genuine,I have every right to defend myself.
                            George as I have said, no one has accused you personally of anything. You have a cue, you don't want it, so you've decided to sell it. Whether that cue is a copy can be a discussion about the cue, without it reflecting on your personal integrity.

...but while we are on the subject, and you're claiming you've only just bought it, just out of curiosity do you still have the receipt from Greenbaize?

EZ

Comment

I think MB said your cue badge is a copy of the BW and the BW is a glover copy he didn't mean your cue is a fake

Comment

Working...
                              X