Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkmate!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Checkmate!

    Wowsers, what a cue. Have I seen this before?

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trevor-Whi...item3aa405bc3c

    But in maple, another expensive maple cue trying to find a home. It's had four offers, c'mon, fess up!
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 24th March 2015, 10:19 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Wowsers, what a cue. Have I seen this before?

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trevor-Whi...item3aa405bc3c

    But in maple, another expensive maple cue trying to find a home. It's had four offers, c'mon, fess up!
    The seller has been trying to get shot of this cue for a good while now and probably wonder why he got pi*sed at the time of choosing that design.

    Comment


    • #3
      Checkmate!

      yes and always at a huge price hence not selling
      I believe Dave Coutts did the checker sheets as Dan Shelton did one (only as a single front splice in the red) and I think a member has it somewhere
      nice looking cue but too fussy for me and too expensive
      Up the TSF!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DeanH View Post
        yes and always at a huge price hence not selling
        I believe Dave Coutts did the checker sheets as Dan Shelton did one (only as a single front splice in the red) and I think a member has it somewhere
        nice looking cue but too fussy for me and too expensive
        Defo Dean way to much going on there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes, it's been on a few times, and this time round I've made all the offers so far...but as its an obscene amount of cash he's looking for, don't think I will bother pursuing it further. Also the more I look at it the busier the design seems to get?!

          Btw, does anyone know who/which Jason is selling it?



          EZ
          Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 25th March 2015, 01:17 AM.
          " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

          Comment


          • #6
            too much and too much!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

            Comment


            • #7
              I think when you look at cues like this you can really tell how big the Parris brand is, in other words if you change the Trevor white badge and would stick a Parris ultimate badge on it or even one of those weird looking Parris limited edition badges on it I'm pretty positive this would've sold a while back.

              Comment


              • #8
                The design is too much for me but you can appreciate the amount of time and skill it must have taken to make it look that perfect as I assume making the checker design would be pretty time consuming and if I count correctly you have 28 splices including the veneers. Would be interesting to know what Trevor would quote to make the same design new. Definitely been on for a good while, I think it was £1200 when I first saw it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rdsalt View Post
                  The design is too much for me but you can appreciate the amount of time and skill it must have taken to make it look that perfect as I assume making the checker design would be pretty time consuming and if I count correctly you have 28 splices including the veneers. Would be interesting to know what Trevor would quote to make the same design new. Definitely been on for a good while, I think it was £1200 when I first saw it
                  Yeah, it's down in Cornwall, capital of snooker. 28 splices is a lot of glued bits of wood not forgetting all the inlays/marquetr. Not surprised that the chap appreciates another TW of simpler design?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What was the likely cost of cue from TW, anyone know?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      iv never seen a nice player with a mad looking cue before so i think we can run parallels of sad play with bad taste

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by j6uk View Post
                        iv never seen a nice player with a mad looking cue before so i think we can run parallels of sad play with bad taste
                        It's one of them J6, a great example of craftsmanship but I'd be scared to use it because all those inlays are gonna pop if you bash the cue against a table and everyone does at least once by accident. I'm sure it's very well made but a bit more delicate. Be interesting to know how it plays, that's the important thing. Cost price would also be interesting! lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          MB, these are not individually glued in place as in marquetry but would have been made as a block of alternating Red(black)/white square sectioned lengths, machined to precise flat finished and tightly glued together. Once cured, the block would have been sliced into slabs/sheets of the checker pattern and this would be glued to the butt as a normal splice - of course with the detail of alignment and straightness taken into account.
                          I recall a picture from Dave Coutts of the slab pre-butt stage, I will hunt it out.
                          found it:
                          http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...858#post502858
                          Last edited by DeanH; 30th March 2015, 05:23 PM.
                          Up the TSF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DeanH View Post
                            MB, these are not individually glued in place as in marquetry but would have been made as a block of alternating Red(black)/white square sectioned lengths, machined to precise flat finished and tightly glued together. Once cured, the block would have been sliced into slabs/sheets of the checker pattern and this would be glued to the butt as a normal splice - of course with the detail of alignment and straightness taken into account.
                            I recall a picture from Dave Coutts of the slab pre-butt stage, I will hunt it out.
                            found it:
                            http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...858#post502858

                            The Font of all snooker knowledge! Thanks Deano.
                            Last edited by Master Blaster; 30th March 2015, 07:59 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X