Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by rob s View Post
    It is ok, John changed his font style from early to late 900s.
    Honestly some people just like to post as if they know what they are talking about when they don't half the time, fake my ass!
    I had an ultimate with similar lettering I think it was 905 or 906 and again the forum went mad accusing it of being fake even though I had spoken to John to confirm its authenticity and enquire about the different font on the badge
    its all getting too silly nice to read a positive for a change do they do anti paranoid tablets genuine of course lol
    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
      NO !

From the badge font and letter spacing it definitely appears to be dodgy to me. This is the fourth or fifth time I've noticed this style of badge in the last 12 months, and it's appeared on supposively old cues and more recent endeavors.
      Also the tulip splicing looks fresh and disproportionate to the overall length of the butt, which is signs that the cue wasn't made particularly well or has had a recent extension and tulip blocks used were of poor quality and length.

Justf, I'm looking to acquire a couple of ultimates myself, but I definitely won't be bidding on that one !

EZ
      Think you are outnumbered mate, and if you don't know 100% it's fake it's not really fair making strong statements like this ??

Comment

• Trust me, this man knows a fake cue when he makes one, I mean sees one.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• He started this thread casting Aspersions on a cue which he was then told was genuine. For someone who claims to have a vast knowledge of cues he doesn't half make a habit of getting it wrong.
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
            He started this thread casting Aspersions on a cue which he was then told was genuine. For someone who claims to have a vast knowledge of cues he doesn't half make a habit of getting it wrong.
            think your rite Maverick , i have a few parris cues that i will list shortly and im going to cringe when i do , and think i will stay off this forum cos no doubt someone will say there fakes , and with parris cues its just going to put that doubt in every ones mind and cripple the price of genuine cues and its not fare to genuine sellers , loads of viewers buyers look on forume ect and would scare them to leave genuine stuff alone , every parris cue that gets listed lately is getting something fake said about em , not good , its getting like a forum for slating cues :frown:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Think you are outnumbered mate, and if you don't know 100% it's fake it's not really fair making strong statements like this ??
              Admittedly, such are the fakes nowadays especially with TW and Parris cues, that some can be very difficult to identify, even if you have them in front of you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I certainly won't be suppressing anyones opinion, no matter how many or how wrong they are !

EZ
              " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

• Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
                Admittedly, such are the fakes nowadays especially with TW and Parris cues, that some can be very difficult to identify, even if you have them in front of you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I certainly won't be suppressing anyones opinion, no matter how many or how wrong they are !

EZ
                Have you seen any TW fakes ?? can't say iv'e seen any

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                  He started this thread casting Aspersions on a cue which he was then told was genuine. For someone who claims to have a vast knowledge of cues he doesn't half make a habit of getting it wrong.
                  Maverick, no one has "told" me anything !

I am simply lending my knowledge, expertise and giving my opinions freely to the forum members, who can decide themselves whether my findings are relevant or useful to them. It's a democracy, so you too could make yourself useful and can give your own opinions about the cues in question, maybe instead of making all the personal attacks.

Btw, because of your negatively and those personal attacks, this is the last time I'm personally going to respond to you on this thread or any others, at least for a while.

EZ
                  Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 12 July 2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADW147CUEMAN View Post
                    think your rite Maverick , i have a few parris cues that i will list shortly and im going to cringe when i do , and think i will stay off this forum cos no doubt someone will say there fakes , and with parris cues its just going to put that doubt in every ones mind and cripple the price of genuine cues and its not fare to genuine sellers , loads of viewers buyers look on forume ect and would scare them to leave genuine stuff alone , every parris cue that gets listed lately is getting something fake said about em , not good , its getting like a forum for slating cues :frown:
                    If you list what I consider to be dodgy cues on ebay mate, then the chances are I'm going to make comments about them, if I find anomalies or inconsistencies.

Like I said in my first post and disclaimer, you may be a very reputable person and have bought all your cues in good faith, I have no way of knowing...but if the cues aren't right, then I feel I have a responsibility and hence duty to bring that to the forum members attention !

EZ
                    Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 12 July 2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ez_4_u_ok View Post
                      if you list what i consider to be dodgy cues on ebay mate, then the chances are i'm going to make comments about them, if i find anomalies or inconsistencies.

Like i said in my first post and disclaimer, you may be a very reputable person and have bought all your cues in good faith, i have no way of knowing...but if the cues aren't right, then i feel i have a duty and responsibility to bring that to the forum members attention !

Ez
                      if i was asked going by just a picture its ny on impossible to tell unless its obvious , but i would only go down the extreme route if i was going to buy it , or if anyone asked me for help to identify it been genuine , and not waite for cues to appear for sale to question them for your self thinking that there might be fakes , theres fake bank notes , we live in a fake britton of everything thats copied and no getting away from that , but if it was me i would only air my views if asked by someone interested in buying the item , i for one would hate to have been left with my braces holding my socks up after having my pants took clean off by a fake but i would do my home work best i could and ask if i was unsure , no offence to anyones views but its going to be like that with everything we buy unfortunately

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADW147CUEMAN View Post
                        if i was asked going by just a picture its ny on impossible to tell unless its obvious , but i would only go down the extreme route if i was going to buy it , or if anyone asked me for help to identify it been genuine , and not waite for cues to appear for sale to question them for your self thinking that there might be fakes , theres fake bank notes , we live in a fake britton of everything thats copied and no getting away from that , but if it was me i would only air my views if asked by someone interested in buying the item , i for one would hate to have been left with my braces holding my socks up after having my pants took clean off by a fake but i would do my home work best i could and ask if i was unsure , no offence to anyones views but its going to be like that with everything we buy unfortunately
                        Well, that's a fair comment. I understand some people aren't as knowledgeable or forthcoming with their views and opinions and that's fine.

I think I've already advocated this earlier in the thread, that because of the sheer volume of fake Parris cues out there, that anyone unsure about the cues listed on ebay, should go direct to the manufacturer for their next purchase.

EZ

Comment

• Originally Posted by ez_4_u_ok View Post
                          well, that's a fair comment. I understand some people aren't as knowledgeable or forthcoming with their views and opinions and that's fine.

I think i've already advocated this earlier in the thread, that because of the sheer volume of fake parris cues out there, that anyone unsure about the cues listed on ebay, should go direct to the manufacturer for their next purchase.

Ez
                          yeah cheers but ive found some of the best deals and top quality cues with very vague wording and awfull pictures that are blurred and been some of the best deals ive done , cos some people think there pics are ok and dont no much about wording and the knowledge to sell a cue for what it should be described as been , there for bargains come along the same as expensive cues , fakes and genuine , if i got my fingers burnt i wouldnt try to do the same to someone else but thats me and probably a fair few for that matter , its a buyers market and especially a second hand buyers market as times and money is tuff and so is trusting your self and others to be the same as you , the element unfortunately will always be there , but guys like ourselves have a better chance of spotting fakes but we cant mouth feed everyones thoughts of whats fake or genuine , and the second hand market is thriving and not everything is fake , as there is some really fare deals and people out there amongst the snakes !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Kevin Lee View Post
                            Why you think this is a fake?

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/john-parri...item3f508d76ac
                              can anyone tell me if John Parris ever made machine spliced cues and if this is genuine, thanks

Comment

• Yes he did
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X