1 Piece JP customised for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jack_dougles View Post
    Advert should say hand made cue of unknown origin that as been at some point worked on by john parris that is to best of my k.owledge origin of cue. Dont mention a type of parris cue as you did because that is misleading
    When I posted the ad I 100% believe that what I say about this cue to be correct

Comment

If it's the starting price your worried about Jack, well it will find its own price, although I dont think there is anything wrong in the slightest with the advert, if you don't know anything about cues you may not know what ,customised by, means
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by jack_dougles View Post
        Advert should say hand made cue of unknown origin that as been at some point worked on by john parris that is to best of my k.owledge origin of cue. Dont mention a type of parris cue as you did because that is misleading
        well i wasn't misled,. to me the ad says exactly what it is, no need to go into such detail a proverbial mountain out of a molehill

Comment

Don't think the ad's is misleading at all, pretty honest dings etc...... People read what they want to read, sold a JP master cue last year on fleabay I must of stated about 10 times that it was machine spliced 90's cue, still got loads of messages saying it was fake as machine spliced, ripping people off blah blah blah

Lets face JP should have a badge which reads ' Ive never laid my eyes on this cue, made by my YTS trainee but I'll still charge a fortune' :-) Im sure I've have seen a few of the other premium cue makers do the same with 'Customised by' Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Andy Travis.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
            Don't think the ad's is misleading at all, pretty honest dings etc...... People read what they want to read, sold a JP master cue last year on fleabay I must of stated about 10 times that it was machine spliced 90's cue, still got loads of messages saying it was fake as machine spliced, ripping people off blah blah blah

Lets face JP should have a badge which reads ' Ive never laid my eyes on this cue, made by my YTS trainee but I'll still charge a fortune' :-) Im sure I've have seen a few of the other premium cue makers do the same with 'Customised by' Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Andy Travis.
            how big would that badge be lol

Comment

I'm sure we could think of a few more things to put on JP badges......... :-)

Comment

The trouble is though Rob if people are prepared to pay the extortionate prices Parris charge for a cue he has never laid a finger on he will keep doing it. It's just good business sense. Although I do admit if he keeps churning out some of the horror shows I have seen lately then I'm sure the demand will fall to someone else.

Horror show might be a bit strong but I have seen a few high priced examples around £600-800 that have had misplaced badges and very uneven splices.

Comment

If it were your business though and demand was that big why wouldn't you employ others to do the work, when you buy some Fred Perry shoes do you expect Fred Perry to have hand stitched them himself? Of course not, the key to it is quality control, if the quality is high then who cares, if you let that slip then you start to have problems and your reputation will suffer

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                    what about the cues he doesn't make from scratch ie machine made can he call them parris cues cos he does! and the seller didn't put the badge in parris did! and it clearly says customized by parris! as does the add. what has he done wrong?
                    Which particular Parris cues are machine made then?
                    Last edited by barrywhite; 6 January 2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                      what about the cues he doesn't make from scratch ie machine made can he call them parris cues cos he does! and the seller didn't put the badge in parris did! and it clearly says customized by parris! as does the add. what has he done wrong?
                      Which particular Parris cues are machine made then?
                      would they not be the "Master" cues?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

how big would that badge be lol
                        or just really small text

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          would they not be the "Master" cues?
                          Dunno but Jimmy White says he probably makes the finest hand made cues in the world.

Comment

1 Piece JP customised for sale

doesn't Jimmy still play with his old H&O cue - admittedly modified by JP

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              doesn't Jimmy still play with his old H&O cue - admittedly modified by JP
                              Doubt it, why have an old H&O when you can have a hand made Parris lovingly finished by the man himself? Who'd be mad enough to prefer second best instead of hand selected, evenly spaced arrows, best ash from the grand master?

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                                Doubt it, why have an old H&O when you can have a hand made Parris lovingly finished by the man himself? Who'd be mad enough to prefer second best instead of hand selected, evenly spaced arrows, best ash from the grand master?
                                Would you like to see a picture of Jimmys actual H&O cue ?
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X