Riley Burway Starline table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Burway Starline table

Hi, there's a Riley Burway Starline full size table on Ebay for just £500 which is not far from me in Stockport. The pockets look tight which is what I'm looking for and the design reminds me of the club tables in the Atack in Nuneaton. I've never heard of this table though, can anyone tell me anything about them, is it a decent table? Thanks in advance!

I think the model came out 1969 to early 80s and was used for some tournaments.
    as to being decent? I would not know but probably underneath the skirting is probably one of Riley's other models, but hope Geoff and Maryfield come on and just us their knowledgeable information and opinion for all to enjoy.
    Last edited by DeanH; 1 December 2017, 04:28 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

They have a centralised levelling system which moves the whole frame from a single jacking point but unfortunately it doesn’t work very well, and I’ve heard many complaints about this aspect of their design. They also were produced during the transition from Imperial measurements to metric, and I have seen at least one table with mismatched cushions (metric) on and imperial bed. That one gave a new meaning to tight pockets.

Comment

These were mentioned in another thread I believe. And I think it was JRC who said Ray Reardon once said of them that they were the worst tables he ever played on.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          These were mentioned in another thread I believe. And I think it was JRC who said Ray Reardon once said of them that they were the worst tables he ever played on.
          Think I might give it a miss then!

Comment

Really weird looking tables, its like the designers tried to go super modern and basically replicated an American pool table.

Comment

Do not touch with a barge pole! Horrible design of table. Horrible to work on and murder to try and level. If I give the impression I don’t like the tables sorry but they are dogs. Whoever thought up that design should have been shot. Not one redeeming feature I’m afraid.

Comment

Working...
              X