Cheddar Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheddar Classic

I recently heard that Cheddar classic went out of business, big shame as they made the most gorgeous cases. Does any1 know if there are a stash hidden away somewhere, up for sale, i have 2 at the mo, but want to add to my collection lol!!!
    Deep it down the rail :D :D :D

Last time David Johnston-Allen replied to my email was around february 2005 but failed to respond since then so I guess they closed down then with no annoucement of their intention. I hope they fullfilled all outstanding orders before they went bust and I have not heard of people complaining of losing money.
    Like all heritage craftsmanship items which no longer trading such as Burroughes & Watts, a Cheddar Classics cue case is a collector's item. There is a young man in our snooker club who is the best player he always dreamt of owning one and tried looking everywhere. You should be thankful you have two.

Comment

They certainly didn't fulfil their outstanding orders and also were in big debt with other companies too! Nice cases but over priced really. Mastercue make just as good an equivalent at around £100 cheaper.

Comment

Mike has some nice cases at www.HandMadeCues.com

Comment

I did manage to get hold of a second hand Cheddar Classics cue case recently, it is the first time I actually seen one and able to make my own judgement. I am surprise how similar they are with Mastercue but it was well known Cheddar was imitated by other companies. Apart from subtle differences such as the wider stitching, belt buckles, rubber handles, inner felt linings, you can almost unable to tell them apart. The hinges looks identical but the Mastercue is thicker, the front clasps looks the same too but Cheddar has a logo "Cheney". Build wise Cheddar just has an edge in quality mainly because the handle is easier to hold and the clasp, buckle and hinges feel more solid and are of higher quality.

Comment

ive got a CC cue and CC case

Comment

I had a CC chalk holder. Shame that they have gone out of business
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Cheddar Classics Cue and Case for sale

Hi,

I have a Cheddar Classics cue and case for immediate sale. The case features an English flag and 3 gold lions on a black leather background, inside has a white and black velour and leather finish.

The cue is in perfect condition and the case is very very good but has some scuff marks on the base where it stands up.

I am open to offers on these items. Pictures can be obtained by emailing me. webmaster@snooker.cn

Cheers,
                Snooker.cn

Comment

one piece? 3/4? 1/2?

?

tip size?

?

any other info?

ta

Comment

Hi Semih,

It is a three piece 3/4 cue (butt, main shaft, small extension). It features a reverse connector which is hand crafted. The cue is the best I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.

I do not know what the exact tip size is, I will do my best to find out and post on here at a later date.

If you email me I will send you some pictures on the weekend.

Obviously now that Cheddar Classics are no more, you can not buy these any more. Of all the Cheddar Classics cases I have seen, this is unique. I have never seen one anywhere before.

snooker.cn

Comment

CC cases

The case i have is exactly the same without the lions, but its a one piece. Id definately be interested my friend.
                      Deep it down the rail :D :D :D

Comment

OK, send me an email and I will send some pics to you on the weekend. I will take the first offer made that meets my expectations.

Thanks in advance.
                        Andrew.

Comment

Originally Posted by cudntpotaplant
                          I recently heard that Cheddar classic went out of business, big shame as they made the most gorgeous cases. Does any1 know if there are a stash hidden away somewhere, up for sale, i have 2 at the mo, but want to add to my collection lol!!!
                          Hi I am selling one on ebay at the mo copy and paste this link to your browser.
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/L-K-rare-CHEDD...QQcmdZViewItem

Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X