X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55" cue wanted

anyone have any 55" cues for sale?

i'm interested, thanks!

Even though you're a bit short, 55in is too short for a cue plus it would have to be specifically designed (taper) for that length

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I have a custom made O'min 3/4 union in 55" if you are interested.
      Selling USD$200 for cue & mini butt.
      Cue is less than 3mth old.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Even though you're a bit short, 55in is too short for a cue plus it would have to be specifically designed (taper) for that length

Terry
        Hi,

Can I just ask why you say 55 inch is too short for a cue?

I have played with shorter than average cues most of the time I have played cue sports, I tried 58 and 57 inch cues but always felt uncomfortable as I have fairly short arms.

I played with a 56inch cue for a couple of years and although better than other lengths I had tried I was still holding the cue quite far up the butt and this still didnt feel quite right.

So I then decided to try a 54.5 inch cue which has been the best decision I ever made, although I had made plenty of high breaks with a 56 inch cue I have been far more consistent playing with the 54.5 inch cue.

I have more control in the balls, power shots are fine and my long potting has been better, I feel a lot more comfortable being able to hold the cue at the bottom without feeling that I am over stretching.

I also dont seem to have needed to use the rest any more than I did when playing with a 56 inch cue.
        Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
          Hi,

Can I just ask why you say 55 inch is too short for a cue?

I have played with shorter than average cues most of the time I have played cue sports, I tried 58 and 57 inch cues but always felt uncomfortable as I have fairly short arms.

I played with a 56inch cue for a couple of years and although better than other lengths I had tried I was still holding the cue quite far up the butt and this still didnt feel quite right.

So I then decided to try a 54.5 inch cue which has been the best decision I ever made, although I had made plenty of high breaks with a 56 inch cue I have been far more consistent playing with the 54.5 inch cue.

I have more control in the balls, power shots are fine and my long potting has been better, I feel a lot more comfortable being able to hold the cue at the bottom without feeling that I am over stretching.

I also dont seem to have needed to use the rest any more than I did when playing with a 56 inch cue.
          Yea, it feels weird holding too much out at the butt, and you will never need all that extra length anyways because if you had to put 3-4 inches of cue back in front the bridge those shots would be really inconsistent. I agree holding the butt with a little room but 2 inches is plenty at the back and 3 inches would be absolute max.

Comment

It's all a function of how much you're bending your bridge arm and also how vertical your grip forearm is in the address position.

Some people feel more comfortable being a little closer to the cueball and bend their bridge forearm sharply and can use a shorter cue.

The trick is you can't just cust down a 57in cue by 2 inches as that will alter the 'feel' of the cue and perhaps make it too stiff, but if the cue starts out on the whippy side of flexibility then perhaps removing 2in would be a correction.

The 'ideal' length of cue hanging out the back of the hand is usually quoted as being 4in, but many players use less than that and Peter Ebdon and Mark Allen grip the very back of the cue with their baby fingers off the cue completely.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Try Ukrit at Mastercue.

Comment

I`ve got a John Parris `elite` cue. The specs are 55` length, 9mm tip, around 19oz weight. It has both a mini and long extensions and a 3/4 alu. case. The cue is about 9 years old and in very good condition. Make me an offer! Where in Canada are you? i`m just east of Toronto, maybe you could try the cue if you are close by.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  It's all a function of how much you're bending your bridge arm and also how vertical your grip forearm is in the address position.

Some people feel more comfortable being a little closer to the cueball and bend their bridge forearm sharply and can use a shorter cue.

The trick is you can't just cust down a 57in cue by 2 inches as that will alter the 'feel' of the cue and perhaps make it too stiff, but if the cue starts out on the whippy side of flexibility then perhaps removing 2in would be a correction.

The 'ideal' length of cue hanging out the back of the hand is usually quoted as being 4in, but many players use less than that and Peter Ebdon and Mark Allen grip the very back of the cue with their baby fingers off the cue completely.

Terry
                  I agree with Terry, that having had my cue taken down 2inches my cue has become a bit more stiffer and does alter the balance point.
                  I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

stiffer, wouldn't that make shots more solid? well obviously if you take it down you should retaper and rebalance the cue

THanks for the offer phil henderson but 9mm tip is too small for me

Comment

Dave Coutts Custom Pool Cue

custom Dave Coutts Pool Cue
                      its 17.5oz
                      54 3/4 inches
                      8.5mm ferrule
                      Butt diameter is 27.5cm
                      Balance point is 16 inches from butt
                      Butt length is 15 inches

complete ash shaft.

black ebony butt with black walnut and snakewood splices, plus green stained sycamore.
                      snap quick release brass joint

there is no dave coutts badge as I specifically wanted to have the butt completely round, without having a chamfer. Just the way that I like my cues.
                      My playing partner, (ex england player) Stewart Henderson, got two similar Dave Coutts' without the badges as well. He would never sell his though. Should be interesting got him in the District cup tonight. Oh well.

Perfect cue and has won many, many titles. Took me all the way to the last 16 in the U.K English pool Championship, a few years back. Bottled it...

anything else you need let me know.
                      Ellis

Comment

Working...
                      X