davecoutts 1 piece cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay davecoutts 1 piece cue

I have a lovely 1 piece dave coutts customised cue that im thinking of selling ?
    The cue badge reads "customised by dave coutts" as the shaft used was a lovely piece of "birds eye maple" from an old cue.
    The cue was sent to dave where he re spliced the cue, and re finnished it !
    The cue is perfectly straight, and is in verry good condition.
    I am in two minds whether or not to sell the cue to be honest, and not 100% sure what it would be worth with the "customised" badge.
    So i have set a price in my head of £250, if it is not worth this amount then i would rather keep hold of the cue.

Lenght - 57"
    Weight - 14oz
    Balanced @ - 18"
    Butt diamiter - 28mm
    Tip diamiter - 8.5mm
    Slim taper
    Fairly whippy

Any questions just ask, or call me on 07901998446

A few more pictures here, hope they are ok as im not the best camera man going !

Comment

that is absolutly beautiful!
      wish i had the money for that!

Comment

Have you got the weight right 14 oz, I did not think it was possible to have a cue that light.

Comment

Yea.
          If the cue is heavier ard 17-18oz,i will have snap it up from you.

Crispian,

Very nice cue you have there.
          Stunning!!!!!

Comment

8.5mm tip . Pool cue Crispian ?
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I have a cue at 14 1/2 oz ,Caz, so yes weight could be as stated.The lightest cue I ever saw advertised was 12 oz and the owner believed the shaft was some kind of fruitwood,hence the lightness.as fruitwood is generally lighter.The cue was a one-off though and I would not like to try " overcooking" a deep screw shot with it.

Comment

I MUST HAV IT

but im broke.. sigh fml lol

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                  Have you got the weight right 14 oz, I did not think it was possible to have a cue that light.
                  Yes the weight is right mate, it only just htis 14oz with lots of chalk !
                  but it is a fantastic playing cue for 8 ball, which is what i mosly play.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                    I have a cue at 14 1/2 oz ,Caz, so yes weight could be as stated.The lightest cue I ever saw advertised was 12 oz and the owner believed the shaft was some kind of fruitwood,hence the lightness.as fruitwood is generally lighter.The cue was a one-off though and I would not like to try " overcooking" a deep screw shot with it.
                    I've got that very cue somewhere and am not sure it's even 12 oz. It's among the most solid cues I've ever hit the ball with and I've played with A LOT of cues. The cue pictured is a wonderful design, do you know what timber that is on the butt?
                    Last edited by jb134; 1 January 2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                      A few more pictures here, hope they are ok as im not the best camera man going !
                      no need to be a good camera man as this cue simply shows itself off mate

Comment

By the colour and grain pattern,possibly tulipwood,hard to tell if white balance on camera is set correctly ( incorrect settings can lead to shade variations).Perhaps Trev,Mike or Dan can shed some light on the matter,pardon the pun.

Comment

Birdseye maple shaft, curly maple shaft and maple shaft
                          What is the different of the hit feels?

Comment

The butt is tulipwodd, nice reddish tlipwood !

Comment

Is that the weight you normally use Crispian .

Comment

Working...
                              X