Stunning One Piece Maple Mac Chambers Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Stunning One Piece Maple Mac Chambers Cue

Up for sale is my faithful Mac Chambers cue, it is in fantastic condition and is a beautiful cue with very even splices. The cue has been kept in a case since day one when I brought it from Mac and is straight as a die.
    The cue is a one piece maple with a lovely grain, with an ebony butt with 4 thuya burr splices.
    Cue specs as follows
    8.5mm tip,
    58 1/4 long,
    29.5mm butt diameter,
    18oz weight.
    Elkmaster tip.
    Sadly selling as I no longer play pool anymore and it is too good to leave in the case.
    I'm after £250 including postage and I'll throw in a leatherette tube case.
    I cant seem to attach pictures as I havent done this before but pm me and I'll email you some pictures

How far would the cue have to be shortened to increase the tip from 8.5mm to 9.5mm in your estimation? Was it made as a pool cue?
    Thanks,
    Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by woody3235 View Post
      Up for sale is my faithful Mac Chambers cue, it is in fantastic condition and is a beautiful cue with very even splices. The cue has been kept in a case since day one when I brought it from Mac and is straight as a die.
      The cue is a one piece maple with a lovely grain, with an ebony butt with 4 thuya burr splices.
      Cue specs as follows
      8.5mm tip,
      58 1/4 long,
      29.5mm butt diameter,
      18oz weight.
      Elkmaster tip.
      Sadly selling as I no longer play pool anymore and it is too good to leave in the case.
      I cant seem to attach pictures as I havent done this before but pm me and I'll email you some pictures
      Good luck with your sale mate i bet the cue's a cracker, i loved Mac's work he was one of the best makers we had back in the day and a nice bloke too

Comment

Cue specs as follows
        8.5mm tip,
        58 1/4 long,
        29.5mm butt diameter,
        18oz weight.
        Elkmaster tip.
        If you email me the photos Woody, and I'll put them on here

Comment

It would have to be shortened by at least an 1.5" I'm guessing. Yes it was made for 8 ball pool and I had another one made by Mac for snooker, I know someone who uses a 8.5mm diameter ferrule but its purely your choice what you do with it.

Comment

\by the way Woody people can't PM you until you have done 10 posts!
            You may have to put your email address on here for people to contact you.

You going tomorrow?

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
              Good luck with your sale mate i bet the cue's a cracker, i loved Mac's work he was one of the best makers we had back in the day and a nice bloke too
              Thanks, it is a lovely cue and I've had it for years, it made me sad when I heard Mac had passed away as I met him many times, and as you said he was a nice guy who never tried to rip you off. I think through friends and family we had ten cues from him and they were all top quality at a fair price.

Comment

Cue Pics

Cue specs as follows
                8.5mm tip,
                58 1/4 long,
                29.5mm butt diameter,
                18oz weight.
                Elkmaster tip.

On behalf of Woody!! By the way I know him very well and he treats his cues better than his children! It is an absolute stunner!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mike.crowe; 20 January 2011, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks, it is a lovely cue and I've had it for years, it made me sad when I heard Mac had passed away as I met him many times, and as you said he was a nice guy who never tried to rip you off. I think through friends and family we had ten cues from him and they were all top quality at a fair price.
                  Same here it was not that long ago he passed away either.

He always had time for a chat and was a real gent, whether it was making a cue or repair work it was always top drawer and at a good price.

These will be collectors items now and getting rare, i've never seen a bad one, nice butt design on yours looking at pics.

Comment

Originally Posted by mike.crowe View Post
                    On behalf of Woody!! By the way I know him very well and he treats his cues better than his children! It is an absolute stunner!!
                    Lovely, all these lovely cues but no cash.... bet when I've some cash nonw will be available!
                    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Loverly looking Cue! :snooker:

Comment

price.

has this SOLD, if not can you advise as to ball park figure that you are looking at, need a new Pool cue!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jellibeen69 View Post
                          has this SOLD, if not can you advise as to ball park figure that you are looking at, need a new Pool cue!
                          I think there was a clue in his first post
                          "I'm after £250 including postage and I'll throw in a leatherette tube case"

Comment

As jrc pointed out I'm after £250 I'll throw in a leatherette tube case which is worth £20 and I'll pay postage so I dont think thats a bad deal considering some of todays prices. I've got someone who is very interested and I've had a couple of offers, so depending on what happens today I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

Hi Woody,
                              Please check your email.
                              Thanks,
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X